PDA

View Full Version : Barney Frank going off

jschaud
04-22-2007, 01:09 AM
Not sure if it has anything to do with our cause, as he never mentions what bill he is talking about.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/04/20...out-of-my-time/ (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/04/20/barney-frank-mr-speaker-does-republican-whining-come-out-of-my-time/)

edit, think he is talking about something else and not the UIGEA,

Jzo19
04-22-2007, 03:45 AM
he's talking about this

linky (http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/20/legislating-by-ambush/)

Berge20
04-22-2007, 10:52 AM
Yep, complaining about a procedural vote (for all intesnse and purposes) on the Executive Compensation Bill this week, not the UIGEA

Little_Luck
04-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Still, it's nice to hear someone with common sense and at least some sort of sense of humor in congress.

Berge20
04-22-2007, 11:52 AM
He never plays politics with words, which is kind of rare. You are going to hear what he really thinks 9/10 times.

Very self-deprecating humor too, which I always appreciate. Too many people in this biz take themselves too seriously.

This exchange was classic: Frank and McHenry Exchange (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWxY-5FS2Bc)

frommagio
04-22-2007, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He never plays politics with words, which is kind of rare. You are going to hear what he really thinks 9/10 times.Very self-deprecating humor too, which I always appreciate. Too many people in this biz take themselves too seriously.

This exchange was classic: Frank and McHenry Exchange (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWxY-5FS2Bc)

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as anybody else, I am loving Barney's stance on internet gambling. But all this Frank-worship is really going over the top. Have you guys followed this guy's career at all?

An observation like ... "never plays politics with words" is really way out there. Frank has made a career of stridently playing politics with words. It's his calling card; he wrote the book on how it's done! He uses every rhetorical trick available, and it would be hard to find anyone who can be more blatantly disingenuous when trying to advocate his position. He's always loud, always aggressive, and he'll say and do whatever it takes. This is not a guy who operates from principle.

Still, Go Barney! It's nice to see this lifetime political hack on the right side of an issue for once.

frommagio
04-22-2007, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Still, it's nice to hear someone with common sense and at least some sort of sense of humor in congress.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frank is truly blessed with a wonderfully sharp wit. But "common sense" is probably not a description you would use if you have followed his career up to this point.

Berge20
04-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Point taken - Sharp wit is a better word.
Former Rep. Bill Thomas was one of the only ones around who was better

Please don't take my other statement to mean Mr. Frank doesn't play politics or know how to spin/message something. He does it well and does it frequently. I was trying to make a comparision regarding how often he will speak his mind compared to others, particularly if you can get him riled up.

My morning choice of words certainly overstated things a bit.

frommagio
04-22-2007, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Please don't take my other statement to mean Mr. Frank doesn't play politics or know how to spin/message something. He does it well and does it frequently. I was trying to make a comparision regarding how often he will speak his mind compared to others, particularly if you can get him riled up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a problem, Berge! You're right about him speaking his mind, for sure. I do love listening to Frank, because he's never, ever boring. And when he's standing up for net gambling, I say "Go Barney Go!"

But I gotta admit that my head is spinning, with old Barney making sense for the first time in three decades. They said that global warming would cause all kinds of strange phenomena, but who could have predicted this?

ike
04-22-2007, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a problem, Berge! You're right about him speaking his mind, for sure. I do love listening to Frank, because he's never, ever boring. And when he's standing up for net gambling, I say "Go Barney Go!"

But I gotta admit that my head is spinning, with old Barney making sense for the first time in three decades. They said that global warming would cause all kinds of strange phenomena, but who could have predicted this?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're one of those people who thinks global warming is a hoax created by hippy liberals, aren't you?

whangarei
04-22-2007, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're one of those people who thinks global warming is a hoax created by hippy liberals, aren't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing /images/graemlins/grin.gif I say that with all respect for mags as an eloquent, respectful poster.

homeboy604
04-23-2007, 02:14 AM
frank speech about online gambling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-UpI1Ct-dg&mode=related&search=