PDA

View Full Version : Jesus

Big Poppa Smurf
02-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Was Jesus a virgin? I would prefer people to consider the historical, and not religious, persona of Jesus.

acoustix
02-16-2006, 03:47 PM
1. This is getting moved.

2. The idea that Jesus is a virgin is mostly constructed from religious beliefs. Anybody considering the historical Jesus wouldn't give a crap. Was Napoleon a virgin? Exactly.

Shajen
02-16-2006, 03:48 PM
http://s95212051.onlinehome.us/livejournal/2005/jesus/jesus_pimp.jpg

MattSuspect
02-16-2006, 03:48 PM
If half the members of this forum are virgins, surely the Son of God can be too.

tdarko
02-16-2006, 03:50 PM
shajen,

fantastic. if only i could find that picture on a birthday card??

~td

yasher
02-16-2006, 03:50 PM
shajen,

it was my intent to post, "jesus was a pimp," when i opened this thread.

i feel totally and completely dominated in every way possible.

you win.

yasher

Big Poppa Smurf
02-16-2006, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. This is getting moved.

2. The idea that Jesus is a virgin is mostly constructed from religious beliefs. Anybody considering the historical Jesus wouldn't give a crap. Was Napoleon a virgin? Exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many of the people I have asked this question argue that even the historical Jesus was a virgin. They believe his morality would prevent him from having unmarried sex. I say he was tapping it left and right.

Aloysius
02-16-2006, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

-Al

Mars357
02-16-2006, 05:18 PM
The Bible doesn't say that Jesus was married...nor does it say that He wasn't married.

If Jesus was married, then no, He wasn't a virgin.
If Jesus wasn't married, then yes, He was a virgin. According to the Law of Moses, unmarried sex is a sin. Jesus Christ did not sin.

My personal opinion is that He was a virgin. Not because I can't deal with Jesus being sexual (he was after all fully human as well as fully God), but because Jesus was so focused on His ministry, that marriage would have been a distraction. Remember that Christ once told a man that following Him (Jesus) was more important than saying goodbye to and burying his dying father. This does not sound like someone would distract Himself by marrying...

This ought to be fun....

Mars

purnell
02-16-2006, 07:53 PM
1) He did not sin, so as has been said, if He never married, He never did the deed.

2) He most likely never had a shekel to His name, so He probably never married.

Jesus a virgin, laying 10:1. Any action?

MCS
02-17-2006, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
According to the Law of Moses, unmarried sex is a sin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is this? I had a religious Christian girl recently tell me that the Bible never specifically prohibits premarital sex.

quinn
02-17-2006, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is this? I had a religious Christian girl recently tell me that the Bible never specifically prohibits premarital sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt. 15:19-20, "For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. 20 “These are the things which defile the man."

Acts 15:29, "...that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well."

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Heb. 13:4, "Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge."

MidGe
02-17-2006, 07:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Heb. 13:4, "Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge."

[/ QUOTE ]

What a wonderful quote... get off your high horses ... don't usurp your god role according to your beliefs. It doesn't say god will condemn.

quinn
02-17-2006, 07:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't say god will condemn.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Judge" here comes from the Greek "krino," properly to distinguish, that is, to decide (mentally or judicially); by implication to try, condemn, punish: - avenge, conclude, condemn, damn, decree, determine, esteem, judge, go to (sue at the) law, ordain, call in question, sentence to, think.

Given the context, my best guess is that "condemn" would be an appropriate translation.

SNOWBALL
02-17-2006, 07:30 AM
Do BJs count?

MidGe
02-17-2006, 07:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Given the context, my best guess is that "condemn" would be an appropriate translation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the context, my best guess is "decide". You are an usurper of your own god's right to judge.

MidGe
02-17-2006, 07:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do BJs count?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure there are references to BJ in the bible. It use to turn me on to read about the possible sexual activities in the bible when I was an early teenager. They were/are really weird... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

chezlaw
02-17-2006, 07:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the context, my best guess is "decide". You are an usurper of your own god's right to judge.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have an image of god with a thumbs up saying nice one my son. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

chez

quinn
02-17-2006, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is impossible to take anything from God by force.

Mars357
02-17-2006, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't say god will condemn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish more people would quote John 3:17. Christians have made refrence to John 3:16 for years but in my opinion, 3:17 is even more powerful than 3:16. It explains God's motive for sending His Son to die.

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him. (NET)

WillyT
02-18-2006, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did you bang her?

-WT

Copernicus
02-18-2006, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did you bang her?

-WT

[/ QUOTE ]

after that invitation I sure hope so!

MCS
02-18-2006, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did you bang her?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It was A. Ford.

tdp
02-18-2006, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If Jesus was married, then no, He wasn't a virgin.[ QUOTE ]

Yet we are expected to believe that his mother was?

[ QUOTE ]
This ought to be fun....

Mars

[/ QUOTE ]
definately

nation
02-19-2006, 03:33 AM
Wasn't there a movie that said Jesus had sex regularly with Mary Magdalene?

PastorDavidDD
02-19-2006, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was Jesus a virgin? I would prefer people to consider the historical, and not religious, persona of Jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Q1: Was Jesus a virgin? Good question, but it cries out for a part b! A1a: Jesus died a virgin; A1b: His mother, Mary, didn't.

SNOWBALL
02-20-2006, 03:39 AM
Jesus is not a historical personage.

KaneKungFu123
02-20-2006, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Q1: Was Jesus a virgin? Good question, but it cries out for a part b! A1a: Jesus died a virgin; A1b: His mother, Mary, didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please try hard to not be so ignorant.

God didnt have sex with Mary. She is the Virgin Mother. God just gave her a baby, Jesus.

Why is this so hard for you to understand? You must be really stupid.

miketurner
02-20-2006, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I took this statement to be facetious, the fact is... Mary did not die a virgin. Jesus had siblings.

chezlaw
02-20-2006, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I took this statement to be facetious, the fact is... Mary did not die a virgin. Jesus had siblings.

[/ QUOTE ]
Were all the siblings younger? In any case I didn't think the virgin birth was supposed to mean mary was a virgin

have I got this wrong?

chez

canis582
02-20-2006, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt. 15:19-20, "For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. 20 “These are the things which defile the man."

Acts 15:29, "...that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well."

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of prude pansy translated this crap. It probobly said THOU SHALT FORNICATE origionally.

purnell
02-20-2006, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Were all the siblings younger? In any case I didn't think the virgin birth was supposed to mean mary was a virgin

have I got this wrong?

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. According to Christian doctrine, Mary was a virgin when Jesus was miraculously conceived.

From the Catholic Encyclopedia:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15448a.htm

Copernicus
02-20-2006, 08:59 PM
I had a girlfriend who believed she was a virgin every time we had ....gasp...pre-marital relations.

chezlaw
02-20-2006, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

have I got this wrong?

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. According to Christian doctrine, Mary was a virgin when Jesus was miraculously conceived.

From the Catholic Encyclopedia:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15448a.htm

[/ QUOTE ]
Ta, do catholics also believe she died a virgin?

chez

PastorDavidDD
02-20-2006, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's facetious about it? I was as serious as the heart attack I had 20 years ago when I was 62. Jesus died a virgin. His mother didn't. Nothing humorous there.

PastorDavidDD
02-20-2006, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please try hard to not be so ignorant.

God didnt have sex with Mary. She is the Virgin Mother. God just gave her a baby, Jesus.

Why is this so hard for you to understand? You must be really stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Compared to God we're all stupid. I've been called worse, with much better words than those.

purnell
02-20-2006, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ta, do catholics also believe she died a virgin?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the wrong guy to ask, but I think the answer is no, since Mary had other children, whom I presume were conceived in the usual way with Joseph.

purnell
02-20-2006, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had a girlfriend who believed she was a virgin every time we had ....gasp...pre-marital relations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never liked stupid chicks... crazy is good, though. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Big Poppa Smurf
02-20-2006, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Snowball,

in other words, you believe Jesus to be an entirely fictional creation? I'm like 100% that he wasn't.

Also, for the purposes of this thread, if Jesus were to have received a bj, he should not be counted as a virgin anymore.

miketurner
02-20-2006, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's facetious about it? I was as serious as the heart attack I had 20 years ago when I was 62. Jesus died a virgin. His mother didn't. Nothing humorous there.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. I took it as facetious because Mary was not part of the question & I did not know where you were coming from. I made the mistake of taking it as ‘Mary was not a virgin when she conceived Jesus.’ Sorry.

A_C_Slater
02-21-2006, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Snowball,

in other words, you believe Jesus to be an entirely fictional creation? I'm like 100% that he wasn't.

Also, for the purposes of this thread, if Jesus were to have received a bj, he should not be counted as a virgin anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if Jesus was just giving BJs? Would he be a virgin then?

SNOWBALL
02-21-2006, 04:24 AM
I'm not saying Jesus didn't exist. I'm just saying that the main source of information about Jesus is religious text, not historical text. More importantly, jesus has no historical importance seperate and apart from Christianity. Its not like he les a military uprising AND created a new religion.