PDA

View Full Version : GSN High Stakes Poker ratings?

Adde
02-16-2006, 02:25 PM
(No success in WPT so I try this forum instead.)

Any rating numbers out yet? Judging by the 2+2 crowd it seems the show is a success, but how about the casual viewers? Is the show that successful that we can hope for more cash game shows (instead of tournaments) from now on?

Adde

poker_n00b
02-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Sam Farha pisses me off with his 96 offsuit. And why is he called a legend on the GSN site?

Dane S
02-18-2006, 03:41 AM
The man has style.

Adde
02-18-2006, 07:29 AM
Thanks guys, I've always wondered how people feel about Sammy.

thedarknight
02-18-2006, 08:58 PM
the problem is the ratings might not reflect the show's popularity since some people do not get GSN. I don't get GSN but I am able to watch it through special means that allow me to download it off the internet. It's a great show, some great poker. The commentating isn't world class and could be drastically improved.

roundmound
02-18-2006, 09:27 PM
darknight- The success isn't gonna be measured by ratings against ESPN, it will be measured by the ratings against all the other poker shows on GSN. Considering the decline in ratings most of the poker programming has suffered if this show gets better ratings than the Poker Royale shows I think we will see much more of this in the future.

kagame
02-18-2006, 09:56 PM
best poker show going is all i know

Layzie
02-18-2006, 10:27 PM
Adde, I can't picture it being cancelled anytime soon really. I mean I had never even heard of GSN before it came on, and the popularity of poker doesn't seem to be decreasing. I think it should be around as long as there are players willing to play.

gilbert
02-19-2006, 07:49 PM
i never thought i'd watch something more than the price is right reruns on gsn, but high stakes poker has taken the crown.

congrats.

send_the_msg
02-19-2006, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the problem is the ratings might not reflect the show's popularity since some people do not get GSN. I don't get GSN but I am able to watch it through special means that allow me to download it off the internet. It's a great show, some great poker. The commentating isn't world class and could be drastically improved.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i too get it from... "internet places"

PokerGenius
02-20-2006, 04:02 AM
well if you get from internet places, then you don't count. Since you don't watch advertising and don't pay the cable costs that supports it.