PDA

View Full Version : QQ, multiway, turn donk

kross
01-04-2006, 05:25 AM
MP and BB are both major LAGtards, capping preflop quite light, and donking and raising with little or no piece of the flop

CO is loose and somewhat passive, 53/2/1.4

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero ...

I think arguments can be made for all 3 options.

sharpie
01-04-2006, 05:28 AM
Gotta give it up. If you're ahead there are a bunch of cards you have to dodge on the river, and I don't see you being good often.

LoaferGee
01-04-2006, 05:30 AM
Ahh this really has me torn. I will say that a 1.4 AF with a 53 Vpip is actually decently aggressive. For this, I'm considering raising for a free showdown, folding to a turn 3-bet or river donk. I agree that a case could be made for all 3 options and I'm curious on other people's thoughts.

counterspell
01-04-2006, 05:30 AM
i don't know if i could make this fold. the pot is huge and a 1.4 AF isn't all that passive.
it's definitely a tough spot, but i lean more towards raising to drive out low spades.

Innocentius
01-04-2006, 06:07 AM
I also would find it hard to fold here. As previous posters have stated, 1.4 isn't really passive. This turn donk could easily be the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Therefore, raising to get small spades out doesn't really seem right to me. If a spade comes on the river, we would be toast anyway. The CO will almost always have a K or a /images/graemlins/spade.gif. This might be too passive, but I think I would be inclined to call the turn, and call on the river if anything but an A or a /images/graemlins/spade.gif comes.

LoaferGee
01-04-2006, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I also would find it hard to fold here. As previous posters have stated, 1.4 isn't really passive. This turn donk could easily be the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Therefore, raising to get small spades out doesn't really seem right to me. If a spade comes on the river, we would be toast anyway. The CO will almost always have a K or a /images/graemlins/spade.gif. This might be too passive, but I think I would be inclined to call the turn, and call on the river if anything but an A or a /images/graemlins/spade.gif comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

A raise will also knock out possible 4-5 outers as well, and it's not like we're losing anymore if we are behind than we would've if we just called down. Granted, the times we get 3-bet we won't be able to see a river as we would've if we had just called. However, with only 1 effective out, I don't see this as much of a problem.

TomBrooks
01-04-2006, 06:48 AM
Fold looks ok to me

SinCityGuy
01-04-2006, 07:50 AM
This is one of those situations that is close enough not to lose sleep over, as long as you don't CALL.

Innocentius
01-04-2006, 08:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A raise will also knock out possible 4-5 outers as well, and it's not like we're losing anymore if we are behind than we would've if we just called down. Granted, the times we get 3-bet we won't be able to see a river as we would've if we had just called. However, with only 1 effective out, I don't see this as much of a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, calling is bad. Fold or raise? I don't know. It would feel really awful to lose this pot to an unimproved A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, but on the other hand, CO:s most likely holding is a king, and when he doesn't have it, he almost certainly has a spade.

Chairman Wood
01-04-2006, 08:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
CO is loose and somewhat passive, 53/2/1.4

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this guy is fairly aggresive, especially concerning his VPIP. I give it a raise, costs just as much as calling down, fold to a 3-bet. This pot is large and I want it.