PDA

View Full Version : Party NL 50 short, overpair on paired board (hand checkup)

BlueBear
02-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

MP ($40)
CO ($41.25)
Button ($31.54)
SB ($52.44)
BB ($32.80)
Hero ($64.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP posts a blind of $0.50. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP (poster) calls $1.50, CO calls $2, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($6.75) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, MP calls $6, CO folds.

Turn: ($18.75) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $13</font>, MP calls $13.

River: ($44.75) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero goes all-in.

MP has about $19 left, is the play standard?

michaliv
02-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Without knowing how this player plays I would play it the same wasy as you. The flop call makes me put him on a T, so the 7 would not scare me. If raised on the turn then you will have a decision to make. Since he didn't I would move in on the river. He only has $19 left so any decent river bet would commit you to the pot.

Pokey
02-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Preflop raise is standard.

Given no resistance preflop, you've got to believe your overpair is good on the flop. You fire a pot-sized continuation bet at two players and get a call, no raises.

Given no resistance on the flop, the turn card isn't very scary. A reasonable player doesn't call a 4xBB raise with a junk 7, so unless he's hit a monster and is slow-playing, you're still quite safe.

Given no resistance anywhere, and given that he's got under a half-pot bet left in his stack, you might as well put him all-in on that total brick of a river card.

Looks good to me. I'm assuming based on your tone that you lost this hand; if so, don't feel bad about it. This is just a hand that you're going to lose. Given the board and the action, you're ahead WAY more often than you're behind here.