PDA

View Full Version : NL50 - Another call or push question

mostman
04-19-2007, 01:17 AM
Villain is super aggro - 75/30/3. Standard raise by me preflop - villain calls from the SB. Lets pick it up from the flop.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB :#A500AF(Villain)/ ($47.60)
Hero ($43.85)
Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Flop: ($5.75) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $2.50.

Turn: ($20.25) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $13</font>, Villain calls $13.

River: ($46.25) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $46.25

I felt pretty good on my read - based on prior information and the players habits that he had two overs - something like AK/AQ/AJ/KQ/KJ.

Let me also add that this villain has been seen shoving draws - even UTG. So we can rule out the FD.

Here is the question - should I have come back over the top of his rr with a push on the flop? This is one of those positions I do really bad at. I know I have this villain right now - but I get cute and just call. This is wrong right?

-Mike

catfish_01
04-19-2007, 01:36 AM
Have you noticed the villian shutting down after flop aggression before? Because villian's check-call on the turn bothers me.

mostman
04-19-2007, 01:38 AM
I have noticed that the villain goes station after being pushed around on the flop.

And yes, worried me a bit as well. Which is why I was happy to check behind on the river.

catfish_01
04-19-2007, 02:10 AM
Hmmm, interesting spot. There are a couple of considerations I'm thinking about when pushing the flop:

B)If he is willing to get it in on that flop with A9 or A5 or A4, sure, get it in there.

A)If he's an opponent who won't call a flop shove with a hand you beat, and truly does go calling station with absolutely anything (and you can value bet him to death) it might be better to have him pay you in later streets; since you're in position you can almost decide how big you want the pot to be if he truly becomes passive.