PDA

View Full Version : Battling the SB with A2

Austiger
04-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Last orbit, I bought a limped pot vs. SB and BTN that was A33 on the flop. I've been lagging it up a little. SB is kind of loose-passive.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($105.95)
Button ($14.50)
SB ($55.10)
Hero ($48.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, SB calls $4.

Turn: ($13) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($13) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1.

Final Pot: $15

Vyse
04-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Been LAGing it up and down a buck, lololol

LAGin it up so you totally turn passive on turn/river?

ciki57
04-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Turn and river is fine I think. Pot is big enough for your hand.

The Mayo
04-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Preflop: I raise here with any two every single time. SB folds about 90% of the time. (Note: This is based on my experience at 25NL and 10NL. 50NL might be different.) Hero wins a BB, which is a fine result for ace-small offsuit, which is a total crap hand. And if villain calls, hero probably has the best hand and has position.

Flop: As played, c-betting the flop is standard, but 3betting a loose-passive villain is spew here. Villain has c/raised, indicating strength, and seems to want you to tag along as indicated by the minraise. Hero's hand is almost certainly not good, and SB is never folding a better hand or calling a worse hand. Getting 4/1, hero has to make a crying call and fold to a bet on the turn or river.

Turn and River: As played, turn and river are fine.

Austiger
04-18-2007, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: I raise here with any two every single time. SB folds about 90% of the time. (Note: This is based on my experience at 25NL and 10NL. 50NL might be different.) Hero wins a BB, which is a fine result for ace-small offsuit, which is a total crap hand. And if villain calls, hero probably has the best hand and has position.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know about any 2, but I would normally raise my ace here. The rhythm of the last couple of orbits and the way I played told me that he was not going to buy it if I represented the ace post-flop after checking PF, which is why I checked.

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: As played, c-betting the flop is standard, but 3betting a loose-passive villain is spew here. Villain has c/raised, indicating strength, and seems to want you to tag along as indicated by the minraise. Hero's hand is almost certainly not good, and SB is never folding a better hand or calling a worse hand. Getting 4/1, hero has to make a crying call and fold to a bet on the turn or river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't put any stock whatsoever into his raise. The pot is tiny ($1) and you flop a big hand, so you check-raise to a whopping $2? I just felt like my ace was good. Again, I thought he wasn't buying that I had an ace. Of course, when he called my 3-bet I shut down.

The Mayo
04-18-2007, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know about any 2, but I would normally raise my ace here. The rhythm of the last couple of orbits and the way I played told me that he was not going to buy it if I represented the ace post-flop after checking PF, which is why I checked.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's perfectly fine to check preflop. I raise any two here, but it's not mandatory by any means. Also, you may be overthinking this a bit. Avoid fancy play syndrome, especially without much experience playing ABC microlimit cash game poker.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I just don't put any stock whatsoever into his raise. The pot is tiny ($1) and you flop a big hand, so you check-raise to a whopping $2? I just felt like my ace was good. Again, I thought he wasn't buying that I had an ace. Of course, when he called my 3-bet I shut down.

[/ QUOTE ]
In my experience, a check/minraise usually means strength. Oftentimes it means a set, although this is far from universal. So you should be wary, but not immediately assume that you're dead in the water. The donks make the raise hoping you'll have exactly the thoughts you have expressed here. Also, a passive player has made a strong, aggressive play. So hero must proceed with extreme caution.

BevillTheDevil
04-19-2007, 02:13 AM
after villian c/r the flop i just call with position and look to get to sd cheap...I definately dont like to build a pot here w/ TP no kicker.

edit: i also like a raise here pf when folds around to villian.

orange
04-19-2007, 03:49 AM
pf i raise every time.

the flop 3-bet is unecessary. i dont see too many hands calling us either. you just turned top pair into a bluff /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

i would typically call the miniraise/call a turn bet.

given the way you got there (after the flop 3-bet), i think calling the river is fine (obv).