PDA

View Full Version : KK UTG

tarheeljks
04-18-2007, 03:48 PM
this is my first time posting a hand. no converter b/c this hand occurred in a live game. 6 players .1 BB; villain and i are both deep stacks, he has 28(ish), I cover with 34.50. table is relatively loose pf.

Villain is solid, but his stack has caused him to play much more loosely than normal.

Hero [K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif]

Hero raises to 0.60
MP folds
CO raises to 1.60
BTN folds
SB folds
BB folds
Hero rr to 5.00
CO calls 3.40 [Pot 10.20]

Flop: [Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif]

Hero bets 6
Villain rr to 15
Hero?

AJGibson
04-18-2007, 03:58 PM
$7.5 and play poker

Sweir
04-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Is 6xBB your standard raise pf?

Cbet flop to $8.5 or whatever, not too small though as there are lots of possible draws out there.

tarheeljks
04-18-2007, 04:03 PM
ok, i just realized that i left out my action there. I bet 6 and he rr'ed to 15 . the question was supposed to be about my next action. i'll add it to the post.

tarheeljks
04-18-2007, 04:05 PM
no, usually 3-4x. i'm less concerned about the pf than the flop play. I had a hunch that I was behind here (QQ/JJ) but given his recent play (past 45 min) I thought there was a good chance he was drawing.

evazan
04-18-2007, 04:24 PM
How have you been playing in this game is an important question to ask in this hand. Is your 4 bet pf semi standard or does he have to put you on a big hand here and has he been 3 betting you light at all?

He 3 bet pf and then called a 4 bet so he could have any pocket pair(if he hasn't been 3 betting light probably 10 10+) AK and possibly AQ. AQ depends a lot on how both of you have been playing.

If you think villain could have called a 4 bet with AQ then you have a tough decision. If not then I don't see him doing this with a lower pocket and would expect to see AK hearts, QQ, jj, or 44.

Also I know you said your not worried about pf play but when stacks are then deep you have to raise more to cut down on his implied odds. 7-8 would have been good. On the flop you also have to bet more. Between 3/4 pot size bet to a full pot bet would be good. The hand would have played out much easier for you if you did this.

tarheeljks
04-18-2007, 04:40 PM
i mispoke, i'm not worried about the pf play in the sense that i all ready know i should have rr'ed more. i didn't mean to suggest i wasn't worried b/c i felt what i did was justified.

as far as the flop is concerned, you are again correct-- i should have bet more. i became timid b/c i had him on QQ/JJ which was now a set. i knew i should underbet the pot slightly, but wussed out and only bet around half.

RobBizzle
04-18-2007, 05:53 PM
I think your c-bet needs to be bigger. I would think $8.50 to $9 would work. As far as the reraise I think that it depends on how the villain has played his draws in the past.