PDA

View Full Version : Winrate at 10nl

Bartzini
04-18-2007, 02:29 PM
I dont play a whole lot of online poker. for the most part its free / play money crap when im bored.

I decided to min deposit on full tilt and play the smallest stakes possible, just to at least make it a bit more exciting.

Ill use last night for example.

I sat at 3 tables 10nl.

within 20 min i had doubled up on one table, up 2 dollars on another and about 1 dollar on the other....everything just going smoothly...im really just trying to play strictly abc poker, and minimize getting involved in marginal situations.

so 1hr im up about 18 dollars.

Then one big hand, where i get all in with KK against AA or get outflopped from a luckbox caller or whatever the beat may be...no matter...so im back down to about a 4 dollar profit.

Overall i played about 500 hands, and ended up about 9 in the black. Which doesnt seem very profitable to me, but is it normal?

Is this about average? It seems really hard to get way ahead quickly here just for the propencity of wierd, unreadable bad beats due to absolutely whack play.

Just wondering what i should expect as an average winrate for 3 tabling this limit. I know..probably a vague question, but vague answers will be accepted.

doppelganger
04-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Welcome to the forum. Here's a vague answer for you:

Read the FAQ. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Bartzini
04-18-2007, 02:41 PM
well, i appreciate you pointing me to the FAQ since i had not read it before.

but that really has no bearing on my question.

Do you feel it is too vague to answer?

I guess information im looking for is, your experience 3 tabling at 10NL. How much would be an acceptable winrate for you at this limit? If i were graphing my play over 500 hands, should it be a steady line up or a line that dips around everywhere, or maybe just a few peaks and valleys?

Stuff like that...maybe im in the wrong place...i dunno.

doppelganger
04-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Sorry for the tongue in cheek answer.

It's generally held that at the lower micros ($5 - $25) a reasonable player can expect to make 5-10 PTBB/100. A PTBB is the equivalent of 2 times the Big blind, so 10-20 big blinds at a given limit. At the 6-max $10 this would be approximately $1 - $2 per hour per table, since each table sees roughly 100 hands per hour.

So, 3 tabling, assuming it doesn't affect your play negatively, you could expect to be making between $3 and $6 per hour at that level.

Bartzini
04-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Perfect, exactly what i was looking for.

So i think i played roughly 2.5 hrs, at 9.30 or so profit...thats about 3.72 an hr profit, which i guess is acceptable.

must take some serious patience to grind up from this level at that rate...i felt like i had wasted so much time for measly money. Oh well at least i know, and it will give me a bit more confidence that im at least not behind the curve.

Waingro
04-18-2007, 02:53 PM
1. Questions about winrate etc does not belong in this forum. Try the beginners forum.

2. 9 bucks over 500 hands is ok.

3. 500 hands is nothing, play 20k hands and you get a fair estimate. In the short run it probably looks like the himalayas.

4. Donīt worry about your winrate, worry about the individual hands you play.

Grim Reapa
04-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Im at 18.9ptbb/100 for full tilt 10nl over 18k hands - this isnt a realistic long term rate in my opinion, 10ptbb/100 ($2 per 100 hands) is defiantely achievable tho.

Party is my main game tho - and my winrate is 25nl= 6.6ptbb/100 (65k) and 50nl=60.5ptbb/100 over a very small sample size...

$9 profit over 500 hands = 9ptbb/100 which is doable if you play good.