PDA

View Full Version : 100nl JJ oop against unkown deep

kaz2107
04-18-2007, 01:17 PM
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $177
Hero: $272.67
CO: $174.10
Button: $228.20
SB: $100
BB: $141

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $8</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $27</font>, CO calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($55.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $31</font>, CO calls.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($117.5, 2 players)
Hero ????

Reads and thoughts...
Next to nothing on villian except he bought in for like 160 bucks like 4 hands ago. other then that there isnt much. Tha pot is pretty big and i have an over pair against a likely donk (i sorta assume this due to him buyin for a weird amount and that i havent seem him bfore and unkowns at abso r typically tha donks)

do u like tha 4 bet given we r deep and im oop?!?!?! wut r ur thoughts on EVERYTHING about this.

rakes.a.beach
04-18-2007, 01:25 PM
I think I want a cheap showdown at this point. Check/fold seems okay to me. I don't think villian will fire a big bullet with AK/AQ.

BTW, this is absolute right? If yes, you can give me villian's name, and I can provide you with more info.

slickss
04-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Without stats it's difficult to say how much of a donk the villain is. If he isn't too bad, he isn't doing this with anything other than AK or a pocket pair, IMHO.

TT got there on the turn, so I'm not sure what you think you're beating..? Typically I would bet a lot more on the flop, close to $50, to get even more info off him. If he calls that, I'm definitely checking and hoping for a cheap showdown.

kaz2107
04-18-2007, 01:30 PM
villian is "ODIE1CONOBEE" but as i said i had never seen him and doubt he plays much

GtrHtr
04-18-2007, 02:34 PM
with no reads take a line that gets you to showdown cheaply.

so at least c/c reasonable turn, c/f river but I'm betting river goes check check unless he is a master at value betting or unless he's crushing you.

I'm not a huge fan of your play pf although his donk minraise would annoy me. Without a read, I wouldn't 4 bet with JJ much vs an unknown.

Margin Of Error
04-18-2007, 03:19 PM
You have got to have a read on villian as UBER donk before I'm 4 betting JJ OOP, especially deep, are you crazy? You really think villian is going to showdown AK here?

As played I'm C/Fing turn/river. You really cant beat anything on this board.

kaz2107
04-18-2007, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

so at least c/c reasonable turn, c/f river but I'm betting river goes check check unless he is a master at value betting or unless he's crushing you.

I'm not a huge fan of your play pf although his donk minraise would annoy me. Without a read, I wouldn't 4 bet with JJ much vs an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]
wut kind of hands and in wut situations r people 4 betting in deep games like this then besides the obv AA and KK?!?!!?

GtrHtr
04-18-2007, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
wut kind of hands and in wut situations r people 4 betting in deep games like this then besides the obv AA and KK?!?!!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kaz,

You do it with a read. Villain 28/24 = 4 bet, if he's 17/13 don't. As you don't have a read, its bad bidness to 4 bet IMO.

kaz2107
04-18-2007, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kaz,

You do it with a read. Villain 28/24 = 4 bet, if he's 17/13 don't. As you don't have a read, its bad bidness to 4 bet IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
good deal appreciate it

fees
04-18-2007, 08:18 PM
if you dont mind variance bet again and fold to raise, if you mind variance c.c

Margin Of Error
04-18-2007, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you dont mind variance bet again and fold to raise, if you mind variance c.c

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not variance if you give your stack away. The flat call on the flop is so scary, villian is def trying to milk hero here.

GtrHtr
04-19-2007, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kaz,

[/ QUOTE ]
good deal appreciate it

[/ QUOTE ]

Ur my boy. I've learned a lot from your frequent posts, one small way to give some minor item back to you.

Maybe see you on aim finally, I'm actually on a bit now and will be on more in the coming months.

Gtr

orange
04-19-2007, 12:22 AM
100nl is ssnl...though i can see why uNL is your home.

btw gtr,

sorry i missed your IM earlier.

kaz2107
04-19-2007, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
100nl is ssnl...though i can see why uNL is your home.

btw gtr,

sorry i missed your IM earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont get enough love at 100nl. im no better then n e one else and im an attention whore. /images/graemlins/grin.gif im tryin to aclimate myself to ssnl slowly tho. it feels kinda like im quiting smokin or sumtin tho. lol.

and gtr ur tha [censored]. deff stop being a donk and get on aim more so we can chat it up /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CashMoney1995
10-20-2007, 10:05 PM
c/c