PDA

View Full Version : 50nl QQ, villain wakes up on the turn

danny8
04-18-2007, 11:49 AM
ive had less than 10hands at thetable.. i did see him get his stack by playing KK pretty standard against someguys AQhigh. thats the only hand ive seen him in.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $11
BB: $97.25
UTG: $49.60
MP: $94.85
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $53.75</font>
BTN: $95.70

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.25) T/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($10.25) J/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5

<font color="black">River:</font> ($20.25) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $15</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $20.25

usually make the flop $3.5.. but thats a small point!

otherwise is this standard?

thanks!

china_hard
04-18-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm torn between this being uber-standard and thinking that you should re-raise him on the turn. His turn bet screams that he just made top pair to me. The only decision then is how you act. I'd call turn about 50% and pop to $15 the other 50% of the time. This is very villain dependent however, so without real reads I like your line.

.xxxx.
04-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Raise the turn man fo sho, leading 1/2 way at that pot is either a block bet for a draw or a J weak kicker.....if you were in his shoes, why would you lead the turn if you were strong and your opponent was very likely to continue betting so you could c/r and lead the river?

Better Than U
04-18-2007, 12:02 PM
I don't raise the turn here. Best case he has a combo draw like J9 or you're toast. I'm not sure about the river though, I lean towards a fold.

danny8
04-18-2007, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the turn man fo sho, leading 1/2 way at that pot is either a block bet for a draw or a J weak kicker.....if you were in his shoes, why would you lead the turn if you were strong and your opponent was very likely to continue betting so you could c/r and lead the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

well i cbet then check behind turn a lot, so if he has a strong hand and doesnt wanna let /images/graemlins/club.gif draw he might do this.

I agree though turn looks like he made TP, so i see value in a raise. what if he shoves over us? we have half our stack invested, just call and not like it? or can ya find a fold

Better Than U
04-18-2007, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what if he shoves over us? we have half our stack invested, just call and not like it? or can ya find a fold

[/ QUOTE ] fwiw, this is why I don't raise. I think you're often SA/WB.

.xxxx.
04-18-2007, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well i cbet then check behind turn a lot, so if he has a strong hand and doesnt wanna let /images/graemlins/club.gif draw he might do this.

I agree though turn looks like he made TP, so i see value in a raise. what if he shoves over us? we have half our stack invested, just call and not like it? or can ya find a fold

[/ QUOTE ]
How often are villain's aggressive enough to shove over you here? When they do its always two pair or better and easy folds.

Better Than U
04-18-2007, 12:11 PM
Easy fold, yes. But I'd like to see a showdown and raise/folding obviously doesn't accomplish that. Usually turn bets mean business and I think there's a good chance that villain will push over.

danny8
04-18-2007, 12:30 PM
well if he called the flop with an 8x/images/graemlins/club.gif.. or 9T or something i can easily see a villain shoving over now they have a pair+draw.

the reaosn i just flat called was because i didnt know what to do to a turn raise, and any option kinda sucked...SA/WB etc

FWIW i was planning on calling a river bet had it been a blank

ama0330
04-18-2007, 12:32 PM
The only Jx hand I can conceivably see floating this flop are ones that have you beat on the turn. I cant see KJ calling flop nor can I see AJ - MAYBE AJ but thats HELL thin. Basically all the hands which can be betting like this are beating you, or at least, you are behind his range. You are getting pretty sexy odds to call, maybe just enough, but to be honest, I may just lay this down on the turn - Im having a tough time putting you ahead here. If not on the turn, certainly fold on the river.

TedHastings
04-18-2007, 03:38 PM
What are you guys putting him on here, all I am scared of is JT. Just calling the turn makes this hand so difficult for yourself, raise and find out whether or not he has you beat right there.

danny8
04-18-2007, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What are you guys putting him on here, all I am scared of is JT. Just calling the turn makes this hand so difficult for yourself, raise and find out whether or not he has you beat right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

raising for info is bad here.

the board is kinda drawy so if he shoves we could still easily be ahead of some combo draw, + by raising the pot now we'll have half our stack in it.. kinda wasteful when you 'find out' you're no good.

Ama made a good point about what hands with a J do i actually beat.. pretty much none. so given the small turn bet i'd rather just call and see what happens on the river

sightless
04-18-2007, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I may just lay this down on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else think that folding on turn is bad?

While the donk bet is scary, folding to it cant be good