PDA

View Full Version : 10nl: rr on button with middle pair vs 2 ace flops

evil_ronnie
04-18-2007, 11:35 AM
I often get this situation. Do you always cbet vs. 2?
In this hand villain is a 46/14/2.85. Do you like the check on the flop? Fold to this bet?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $16.30
CO: $5.85
Hero: $12.75
SB: $5.30
BB: $6.70

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.5</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4.55, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4.55, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $1</font>

Grim Reapa
04-18-2007, 11:45 AM
At 10nl - 50nl i wouldnt usually cbet into 2 as i think its spew, however here you are good to represent the A with a preflop reraise so I would fire $3.5 on the flop

I would call the flop bet and call a reasonable river bet.

cubase
04-18-2007, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I often get this situation. Do you always cbet vs. 2?
In this hand villain is a 46/14/2.85. Do you like the check on the flop? Fold to this bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm c-betting here. This is a beautiful flop that is hard for the villians to hit. You've represented a big hand (and AK would fall in that range). So the real question is, when you have AA, AK, or KK, how are you playing it here? Answer, you are betting. Don't disappoint. As far as your opps are concerned you have AA or AK. Fire into this pot. You are taking it down most of the time. Unless someone flopped a set, or a big flush draw, or has a good ace, they are folding a lot here. Unlike a raised pot where weak aces will weak lead or check/call to river, you have re-raised pot. This play is even stronger if they've recently seen you re-raise and show down AA, AK, KK.

Also, raise more pre-flop. Make it at least $1.65 (pot-sized raised) to go, maybe even $1.75.

Hard to say what I'd do as played, since I wouldn't play it like this. Tough spot because you have another player behind. If anything, villian makes a weak lead almost asking, "gee, is my crappy ace or pair good?". Answer his question with a resounding, "NO!". You can re-represent aces and make a pot-sized raise here. Since a lot of players will check their set (even though you wouldn't) it won't look all that unusual. Obviously if you get called you are done with the hand. It may not work though because of your weak check on the flop. These just top of mind ideas since I've never played TT's this way. If I re-raise with TT, I lead the flop.