PDA

View Full Version : NL 25 - Interesting hand worth discussion, me thinks

CaptDrew
04-18-2007, 11:12 AM
I've got 100 hands on the character in question and his stats are 16.16/12.12/1.8 and he has gone to showdown 23 percent of the time winning 66 percent of those.

As for my stats, PokerTracker considers me to be semi-loose aggressive/aggressive.

Here's the hand:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($29.95)
UTG ($25)
MP ($19)
CO ($31.70)
Hero ($26.65)
SB ($17.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($2.35) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $1.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $10.75</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $17.10

I thought long and hard about sticking it right back in his mug, but at the worst I put him on A(K-J) of clubs. Not sure he was folding those. That's my dilemma here.

Also, I thought about re-raising preflop. That might have been best to really be able to put the pressure on or get out against serious resistance. And, it might have saved me a buck or two.

What say you?

doppelganger
04-18-2007, 11:32 AM
As played I think folding to his reraise is standard.

This might be weak tight, but when I put a fairly tight player on overcards, (which given a fairly weak CB here I would) I sometimes like to float the flop to see if he's firing a second barrel.

This does a few things for me I think:

1. Keeps the pot size manageable for the turn
2. Allows me to use my positional advantage to its fullest
3. Encourages another small bluff on the turn if he's on something like AK
4. Allows me to steal on the turn if he shows weakness (with a smaller bet than if we bloat the flop with a raise)

On the other hand, he could have a lot of outs and it might be better to just try and win the pot right there as you did. Not too sure, looking forward to comments by others.

PJo336
04-18-2007, 11:58 AM
I like the concept of floating the flop and using your position to see how he responds on the turn. As the stats are, he seems conservative, this could be a standard c-bet, but if he fires again on the turn Id have to believe that you are beat.

I dont like the raise much and for this very reason. You essentially gave up your positional advantage by saying "I want a big pot now" and when he came along with you, you gotta let it go.

FoxwoodsRounder
04-18-2007, 12:00 PM
keep in mind i dont put too much stock into the stats i get from poker tracker....

thats exactly how i most likely would have played it, raise his weak flop bet and if he RR's, muck it....he open raised and you just called, so its not so unbelievable for him to have AT or any pockets bigger than your 88....

had he pot bet the flop, i'd call and see what he does on the turn....

ama0330
04-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Man pushing here would be soooo baller. But id say that you are beat here. Im not sure I like the raise in the first place because I think you just fold out the worst hand most of the time on this board, and he never gives you any credit for anything because its a raised pot (Tx and 7x unlikely) and you didnt 3bet (overpairs unlikely). So yeah good fold.

CaptDrew
04-18-2007, 01:19 PM
The more I think about this hand, the more interesting it becomes. But, mostly I realize I played it like complete dog crap. Because I just called his raise preflop, my raise on the flop is suspicious at best. I probably would've reraised him had I been in his position, to be honest. As played preflop, I should've come right over the top and busted my chipstack in his mug. He's probably sitting on overcards, AK or AQ - most likely AK. He's only bet half his stack so he's not really pot committed and as a TAG, from what I know, he's probably smart enough to bail to that kind of pressure.

What I don't give him credit for is going a step deeper and trying to set up an all-in trap with A's or K's on third level thinking. He's not that good.

Damn 4 tabling.

whodatdare
04-18-2007, 06:55 PM
I think 3 betting here would help you narrow down his range. As played you are either facing a set, a very good FD (not as likely, based on his stats), or over pair. This is a good fold.