View Full Version : NL50 - Nut Flush Induce bluff or VB

pokerash
04-18-2007, 07:57 AM
Villain is a TAG over 60 hands

Party Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

SB: $42
<u>Hero (BB): $56.30</u>
<font color="black">UTG: $12.41</font>
MP: $47
<u>CO: $56.25</u>
BTN: $102.10

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, MP folds, CO calls $1, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($3.25) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">CO bets $3.50</font>, Hero calls $3.50, UTG folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($10.25) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($10.25) A/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.50</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $15.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $51.80</font>

Small bet on the river was to induce a bluff raise. Even though it worked out in the end I don't think I played this right. Should I have bet the turn acting first or would that have killed the action bearing in mind I am playing an aggresseive opponent.

Loc0Loc0
04-18-2007, 08:04 AM
I should lead the flop. Just donk it in, call a raise. They put you far more on a Q than a Flushdraw

pokerash
04-18-2007, 08:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I should lead the flop. Just donk it in, call a raise. They put you far more on a Q than a Flushdraw

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm first to act with 2 ahead of me. I don't like betting and being faced with a huge reraise. Is this just weak thinking?

payday
04-18-2007, 08:40 AM
I agree with leading flop and calling a raise, provided you still have odds to play your draw. It helps to disguise your hand and maybe pick up an extra bet later on.

'Waking up' when the heart lands will get you very little action against a real TAG.

BevillTheDevil
04-18-2007, 08:50 AM
id led on the flop, if raised probably call...then turn led again and if raised try to get it AI there if possible. If not AI by the river im bettin there tryin to get AI again. Well both of you are deep so you wanta bet the turn to build up the pot...the way you played it the pot is only $10 on the river and if he is any good he had to have hit hard to stack him in such a small pot IMO. gota go to class tho /images/graemlins/frown.gif holla

Sweir
04-18-2007, 08:52 AM
I don't like donking the flop.

As for the turn and river it really depends on the villian and my image. I could quite easily c/c turn and B/3B river, or c/r turn and lead river, or B3B turn and lead river. I am generally leading the river though unless I am confident that villian will bet a lot more hands than he will call/raise/fold with if I bet.

Sam Spade
04-18-2007, 09:25 AM
This is a good example of why it is hard to play a draw oop.

I think you make your hand very transparent with this line. I also think our hands are tied on the flop. All we have is an overcard and a flush draw. I like to have a little more of the flop to go to war, and if he has a set or TPTK he might raise a 2/3 pot lead bet from us. On the other hand, I don't like throwing away the nut flush draw on the flop. We induce his bet on the flop with a check, and his pot sized bet doesn't give us appropriate odds to draw to our flush.

I lead 1/2 the pot and fold to a big raise. I hope he just calls or min raises. If I get to the turn I am putting in a 2/3 pot sized bet praying he has a set, and I am value betting the river. If he is a decent player he won't go broke with the flush and straight cards out there so I rule out a shove.

As played, I think your line screams I have a flush. You will usually get a call from the second nut flush and little else.

Loc0Loc0
04-18-2007, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm first to act with 2 ahead of me. I don't like betting and being faced with a huge reraise. Is this just weak thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is a TAG over 60 hands...
I've he is considerd to be a good tag. I could realy find a point in pushing the flop (if he raises)
You have FE against Tag's. Don't think tags always have sets.

Grim Reapa
04-18-2007, 09:33 AM
I wouldnt bet the flop, you want the pre flop raiser to C Bet and trap c/o for an extra bet, this also gives you odds to call, with c/o betting I would raise to $12ish, heads up draws arent profitable if you check call them.

Without a strong read on how villain plays i bet the river everytime.

lexxor
04-18-2007, 10:48 AM
is it newbish to think he doesnt have odds to call his draw on the flop?

bozzer
04-18-2007, 10:49 AM
I like leading this flop too since you might trap UTG for a bet. But you have to be prepared to get it all in if you get raised by the PFR. And the bet has to be at least 2/3-3/4 of the pot.

As played your line is an incredibly obvious flush, including the value bet on the river.

Loc0Loc0
04-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Implied odds is the real work..

But that is why we frontbet ourselfs... we pick up pots often enough...

pokerash
04-18-2007, 11:06 AM
I know it was incredibly obvious on the end and normally I would bet the flop but there were 2 to act in front of me. Do people just ignore this fact and hope they both have nothing?

On the river re-raise, I figured if he called a raise he would call an all-in plus it might as also look like a bluff (slim chance I know).