PDA

View Full Version : 25NL know i'm beat but .....

the one and only
04-18-2007, 06:59 AM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $18.60
BB: $25.65
UTG: $10.45
UTG 1: $23.05
MP1: $18.10
MP2: $23.05
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $28.20</font>
BTN: $33.20

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (8 Players)
UTG folds, UTG 1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, BTN folds, SB calls $0.15, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG 1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.60</font>, SB folds, BB calls $0.60, UTG 1 folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($2.20) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, BB calls $2

<font color="black">River:</font> ($10.20) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, BB calls $4

Pot Size: $18.20 ($0.90 Rake)

BB had T/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (a pair of Jacks)
Hero had 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (a pair of Jacks)

I know I'm beat but I know he's got a medium str holding. should I have bet more on river?

Loc0Loc0
04-18-2007, 07:08 AM
Fold preflop is the only advice i will give you...

Ok some other

U don;t get the implied odds or the pot odds to call here preflop. Imo you are only playing this hand for the flush a two pair.
If you want to bluff don't miniraise the turn, but make it 6 and make it half the pot on the river.
But due the limping with only 1 limper in front you dont represent a big hand here.

Grim Reapa
04-18-2007, 07:17 AM
Dont post results.

Dont limp preflop with any hand, J4s is garbage but raising is still an option, J4 has no showdown value whatsoever so you need to be raising if youre gonna play it.

Flop isnt so bad but I would pot a limped flop, on the turn you turn your hand into a bluff, folding&gt;calling&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;raising.

As played check behind on river - any call and youre beaten, and if you want to bluff you will have to bet much more.

Just play straightfoward at 25nl - let your opponents make the mistakes.

the one and only
04-18-2007, 07:17 AM
i was tilting on this hand. i know better not to play this. but river wasn't a scary card so yeah it was a tough sell.

Loc0Loc0
04-18-2007, 07:20 AM
Advice 2:

Stop playing poker for a while when you see yourself doing this.
Analyze where you tilted and if it was your fault or his?

Let_it_rain
04-18-2007, 07:21 AM
J4 smells like poo

lemming
04-18-2007, 07:29 AM
agree with the other advice you get here /images/graemlins/smile.gif

fold PF

Dastone
04-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Preflop: Hero is dealt 4 J (8 Players)
UTG folds, UTG 1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, BTN folds, SB calls $0.15, BB checks

You should fold this hand or raise it if you choose to play it. I would likely fold since it is a trashy hand, and not one that I would want to play for my whole stack, unless I got a lot of help from the board. Which is what you will often need in a multi-way pot with a junky hand like J4s. Since you give no reads, I'm guessing that the suitedness enticed you to play the hand, and not the fact that UTG limped in and you wanted to isolate him, and play the pot heads up, in position, with a opponnent who has shown weakness. Raising this hand to try, and take the pot would have been much better than calling, since then if you do connect in some way and are checked to your hand will likely be good. Until you have a plan for how you want to play this hand I would suggest you fold it, and don't even bother with the trouble that will innevitabley come with it.

Flop: ($1) 7 6 J (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG 1 checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB folds, BB calls $0.60, UTG 1 folds

How did you come to the decision to bet .60, since this number would not come up on the slider at FT at this stake? I would have went with .75 or 1.00. Top pair no kicker is not a great hand, and I would have been happy to take the pot down right here with it. I think a larger amount than .60 would have been better to accomplish this, and if you do get callers or raised you will have a better idea of where you stand.

Turn: ($2.20) 9 (2 Players)
BB bets $2, Hero raises to $4, BB calls $2

If you are going to raise your opponnent than you should make it an amount that forces them to make a decision. By making the minimum raise you are just inviting your opponnent to call. Since we have a hand that doesn't really want a call, you must make it more. Perhaps 6.00 would have been a better amount, but again, not that great of a hand so don't bother raising. Folding doesn't seem like a bad idea either since villains line is typical of a one pair hand, and it's likely our kicker is no good if he does have the J.

River: ($10.20) 3 (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero bets $4, BB calls $4

The one benefit of your raise on the turn is that it has slowed villain down. He has checked the river, and has allowed us the chance for a free showdown, you should take it. There are not many worse hands villain can have that can call a river bet, and 4.00 is just too small to force out a better hand. If you are going to bet, next time make it at least 6.50. Personally I would go with 8.00 which would be closer to the size of the pot. Then you have the potential to fold out hand like villain had, plus when you do have a good hand you will win more when he can't lay his top pair marginal kicker down. Which is often the case at these stakes.