PDA

View Full Version : 25NL 6max hard KQ, how would u play it ?

Kondzik
04-18-2007, 06:43 AM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $28.85
<u>Hero (BB): $49.30</u>
UTG: $26.25
MP: $26.45
CO: $25
<u>BTN: $37.40</u>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.85</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $0.60

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.80) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.25</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.50</font>, BTN calls $5.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($18.80) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($18.80) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero ???

Pot Size: $18.80

this guy was 25/25/3.33 but i only had 44 hands on him. i really dont know how to play this kind of hands.. i only see AQ that beats me on this board.. but is he always having AQ here or do u think i have some good chances to win this.. and if so what do u do at the river??. i dont see him holding a set or QT here cause i dont think hed check that turn. What do u think here?

Loc0Loc0
04-18-2007, 06:50 AM
I don't call a raise here from the blinds, because you hit the flop about 30% and you don't know where you're at after the flop.

As played i would check/fold the river.

I play 25/25/3,4 sometimes to, i think he has a set or AQ here. He wouldnt call your 3bet without a decent hand here. A FD with overs will be pushed imo.

Grim Reapa
04-18-2007, 06:51 AM
Fold pre.

As played looks like AQ or KK from villain - your flop 3 bet is spew!

As played C/F river.

mattgoody
04-18-2007, 07:00 AM
Looks like villains on a flush draw to me, diamonds. id let him fire a bluff at the river and call it. a lot of ppl play flush draws like that. especially at 25c NL on ftp.

Loc0Loc0
04-18-2007, 07:03 AM
This isn't a flush draw i think ... He must push a flush draw imo...
En taking notice of his stats, also the small amount of hands, i think i consider him a good player.

Let_it_rain
04-18-2007, 07:17 AM
I don't like the reraise, but if your going to reraise, why are you not firing on the turn. With no action on the turn I think he holds similar to you KJ K10 AK or a flush draw, so i check call the river or put out a blocker/value bet

Let_it_rain
04-18-2007, 07:19 AM
Really you don't want be in this hand,because post flop without a straight it sucks to be you.

Sweir
04-18-2007, 07:32 AM
Fold pf. As played don't donkbet the flop or 3bet his raise.

Nutstylin
04-18-2007, 07:49 AM
Check and call river, depending how much he bets... This is 25NL and villian could be playing a large range, some of which have you beat but you may be good. You are too deep to check-fold to a small bet now i think

Pirelli
04-18-2007, 07:50 AM
PF is fine, folding KQ here is so nitty, he didn't raise UTG he opened OTB.

I c/c the flop and lead the turn, fold to a raise. You can block the river c/c or c/f depending on how the board develops and villains action.

Loc0Loc0
04-18-2007, 07:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Check and call river, depending how much he bets... This is 25NL and villian could be playing a large range, some of which have you beat but you may be good. You are too deep to check-fold to a small bet now i think

[/ QUOTE ]

I've he gives us the pot odds ok... But the effective stacks are $29 still in this spot. So i don't call a PSB.

Sweir
04-18-2007, 07:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering he is a 25/25 and is opening OTB I agree that he range is very wide, but KQo doesn't really play well OOP vs a seemingly decent pfr. Therefore 3betting seems like a good option so I would probably fold some % of the time and 3bet some %, I still don't like a call though.

payday
04-18-2007, 08:27 AM
I have this feeling like he is playing a draw badly here. That said, 'hunches' picked up from a hand history don't pay the bills. I agree a check/small call or check/fold is the way to go.

Grim Reapa
04-18-2007, 08:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering he is a 25/25 and is opening OTB I agree that he range is very wide, but KQo doesn't really play well OOP vs a seemingly decent pfr. Therefore 3betting seems like a good option so I would probably fold some % of the time and 3bet some %, I still don't like a call though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to this advice OP.

His range is V wide OTB no doubt, but KQ OOP is not an easy hand to play - in no limit you generally dont worry too much about defending your blinds. With AK AQ AJ and TT+ def reraise, with KQ fold 85% and reraise 15%, but be aware that this will probably narrow his button raising range in the future.

BevillTheDevil
04-18-2007, 08:36 AM
pf fold nitty, call meh, 3bet i like. Hes could be raising alot from the button if folds around to him and if we 3bet we can take it down there alot. If he calls we have shown alot of strength and will get a fold on the flop...most villians played scared after they are 3bet into.

Edit: also and if he raises on flop after we have 3bet pf then we are probably behind...

Sam Spade
04-18-2007, 08:43 AM
I don't like to play oop especially with a trap hand like this. We will often win a small pot or lose a big one with this and similar holdings. I would usually fold pf, but if villain is a known blind thief, I would reraise to $2.50 and lead the flop for $3.75 folding to a raise.

Again, I'm folding preflop 90% because there are so many other opportunities to get the money in with better holdings..

Sweir
04-18-2007, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His range is V wide OTB no doubt, but KQ OOP is not an easy hand to play - in no limit you generally dont worry too much about defending your blinds. With AK AQ AJ and TT+ def reraise, with KQ fold 85% and reraise 15%, but be aware that this will probably narrow his button raising range in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, 3betting will make the hand so much easier to play postflop and as you say may also force villian to tighten up his button raising range meaning your blinds don't get stolen so easily.

Btw, I would 3bet much more than 15% though, maybe around 60% or so actually.

Grim Reapa
04-18-2007, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, 3betting will make the hand so much easier to play postflop and as you say may also force villian to tighten up his button raising range meaning your blinds don't get stolen so easily.

Btw, I would 3bet much more than 15% though, maybe around 60% or so actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point, only problem is if he is a good player he will use his position to hurt you when you miss - i just prefer giving him the 25c blind and moving on.

Having said that any option isnt that bad with 100bb stacks - its postflop that counts more.

However if this player opened in the C/O and i had KQ on the button i would raise that **** up!!