PDA

View Full Version : The Leviathan $CHALLANGE$

deleteduser
04-18-2007, 03:53 AM
I have read and re-read Hobbes Leviathan and I would like to personally challenge anyone to find a contradiction in any of his arguments. If you can do so I will personally send you $10.00 and a well deserved congratulations. The reason I am doing this is because a very famous professor of mine challenged me to this task, and in doing so I was astounded as to the great wealth of knowledge this book offers. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

SammyKid11
04-18-2007, 04:13 PM
I'd need a lot more than 10 bucks to read Leviathan again once, much less say twice.

PairTheBoard
04-18-2007, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have read and re-read Hobbes Leviathan and I would like to personally challenge anyone to find a contradiction in any of his arguments. If you can do so I will personally send you $10.00 and a well deserved congratulations. The reason I am doing this is because a very famous professor of mine challenged me to this task, and in doing so I was astounded as to the great wealth of knowledge this book offers. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

[/ QUOTE ]

First give precise non-circular definitions for all the words he uses, then translate the book into symbolic logic and write a computer program to check it for logical errors. Ask the program if it has any. I would be willing to read the program's Yes-No answer.

PairTheBoard

FortunaMaximus
04-19-2007, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Economics professor? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

JuntMonkey
04-20-2007, 01:23 AM
http://landfantasy2.free.fr/Gregory/Sea%20Serpent.jpg

deleteduser
04-22-2007, 03:16 AM
Political Philosophy great class

Philo
04-22-2007, 03:36 AM
Life is much too nasty, brutish and short to waste time trying to find contradictions in Leviathan.

gswarriorfan
04-23-2007, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Life is much too nasty, brutish and short to waste time trying to find contradictions in Leviathan.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice one

Shadowrun
04-23-2007, 06:05 AM
i would focus on does he see human beings as purely self-interested?

deleteduser
04-24-2007, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice one

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it too this should have been all of my essay responses on the final!