PDA

View Full Version : AK on SB against a TAG player, called a 3 bet on flop whats my line???

pacman2k7
04-18-2007, 01:37 AM
He is a TAG player 17/13/3 over 100 hands.
After he calls my check raise on flop I was 99% sure his range is AA KK, at least an AK..

What should I do on turn??

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $1</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4.75</font>, CO calls.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($11.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $9</font>, Hero ??????,

pacman2k7
04-18-2007, 01:45 AM
Should I reraise him preflop? because of I was OOP?

orange
04-18-2007, 01:50 AM
RR pf yeah. he should have a wide enough range to where AK is far ahead.

i think the flop c/r is fine, though i would almost always lead the turn. there are other ways to play the flop. i think you guys are splitting alot. his calling range on the flop is probably AK/sets/sometimes draws/sometimes KQ-KJ/76. kindve a rough range to be up against.

this is why rr-ing pf is often the way to play AK oop. it puts you in such a nasty spot postflop, and you really have no idea where you stand in this hand. Reraise PF and it changes the whole dynamic of this hand.

as played, i would probably lead the turn and call a shove. though c/c-ing the flop seems like a decent plan as well (and taking it from there).

pacman2k7
04-18-2007, 01:54 AM
Why do call a shove? What do you expect, what hands could you beat?

pacman2k7
04-18-2007, 01:56 AM
If I bet the turn he calls, blank on river.Bet again or c/c?

orange
04-18-2007, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do call a shove? What do you expect, what hands could you beat?

[/ QUOTE ]
not many, but given the stack/pot sizes i dont think that bet/folding is an option.

which is why c/r-ing the flop with no turn plan isnt the best idea. think about the reasons why your c/r-ing in the first place...is it for value? for fold equity? usually you should think about these things before doing them and not just blindlessly going insane with no plan.

pacman2k7
04-18-2007, 01:59 AM
though c/c-ing the flop seems like a decent plan as well (and taking it from there).

---

It seems like to me as a weak / tight paly which I don't like it at all.

I c/r him to see what's my line.If he raise back he has AA or KK if he calls prob. AK

pacman2k7
04-18-2007, 02:02 AM
I was going to check call on turn , but he instantly bet over 3/4 pot.

I think I made a mistake preflop, RR and bet the flop..

pacman2k7
04-18-2007, 02:41 AM
my plan was c/r and kill all pocket pairs smaller than K, and if he calls I could put him only big hands, and keep the pot small, because I could beat only KQ / KJ split w/ AK.
Pot control.

orange
04-18-2007, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my plan was c/r and kill all pocket pairs smaller than K, and if he calls I could put him only big hands, and keep the pot small, because I could beat only KQ / KJ split w/ AK.
Pot control.

[/ QUOTE ]
your making no sense here. you dont gain pot control by c/r-ing...?

and by c/r-ing, your pretty much turning your hand into a bluff, as as you stated, villan wont call with many worse hands. not that great imo.

Sweir
04-18-2007, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I reraise him preflop? because of I was OOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Being OOP should make you more inclined to 3bet as it will make the hand much easier to play post flop, and you will take it down a decent amount of the time pf. I'm pretty much allways 3betting AK OOP and IP without reads I will 4bet AK OOP and just call 3bets IP, obv this changes though from game to game.

As for the hand I totally agree with what orange has been saying. Especially not c/r'ing the flop without a plan for the turn if called and knowing why you are c/r'ing. Yea and if I were to c/r the flop I would lead turn.

pacman2k7
04-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Looks like this is a leak in my game /images/graemlins/frown.gif
Thank you guys for the advice..

Loc0Loc0
04-18-2007, 09:41 AM
RR OOP would be fine here.

As played I would CRAI the turn, i think our line looks so donkish that he even calls PP TT and up, and KQ.

Grim Reapa
04-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Reraise pre to $3.5 and lead flop for $4 if called,

AK is the nuts preflop vs TAGs.

Dont check raise the flop if youre gonna check a safe turn, youre better off just check calling all the way to keep the pot smallish in that case.

As played villain puts you on a weak K or diamonds a lot so I think you have to play this for stacks.

MusashiStyle
04-18-2007, 10:12 AM
his range is like aa, qq, ak, set, aqdd i think. fold turn

TheRenaissance
04-18-2007, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He is a TAG player 17/13/3 over 100 hands.
After he calls my check raise on flop I was 99% sure his range is AA KK, at least an AK..

What should I do on turn??

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $1</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4.75</font>, CO calls.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($11.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $9</font>, Hero ??????,

[/ QUOTE ]

Fwiw my stats, though on average a bit higher, could be similar to villains in this hand over 100 hands, and my range on the turn could be super wide depending on how I saw you. 45/67/89/77/KK/66/A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif/KT+/etc etc...

Sam Spade
04-18-2007, 10:30 AM
I reraise pf as villain's range is pretty wide from the co. I lead flop for 2/3 pot expecting villain to raise especially with nut diamonds, but you might get a call from KQ.

As played, I like the c/r on the flop, but I lead the flop for 1/2 pot. Is your turn check an attempt at pot control or are you hoping to C/RAI? We are inducing his turn bet and putting ourselves in a tough position oop if we aren't shoving and taking advantage of some fold equity. If your intent was pot control, called his flop bet and c/c the turn would be appropriate.