PDA

View Full Version : AA simple line check 50NL

the machine
04-17-2007, 09:59 PM
villain is 45/1/1. only 116 hands though. can i have a better line? do we really think i hit gin on the river as well? block? VB call a raise?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $12.50
BB: $69
UTG: $34.60
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $104.55</font>
BTN: $38

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, BTN calls $2, 2 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.75) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.75</font>, BTN calls $4.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($14.25) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $2.50</font>, Hero calls $2.50

<font color="black">River:</font> ($19.25) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero ???

comments on turn appriciated as well.

cbloom
04-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Definitely bet the turn. He can have a lot of draws and Qx that he'll call with. I bet like $10-13 on the turn. If he calls that I might check-call the river or bet small depending on read.

wildzer0
04-17-2007, 10:24 PM
I bet around $12 on the turn here usually. It's a drawy board so you want to charge villain to draw, and you'll still get called by worse hands quite a bit. River, depends on the opponent but I'm usually not expecting to get a ton of value on the river with this board.

the machine
04-17-2007, 10:26 PM
and if he shoves turn????

easy call?

NSchandler
04-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Bet/call turn.

As played, I'd bet river. You have to call a raise as QT, Q9, T9 are raising.

cbloom
04-17-2007, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

easy call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all, he seems super passive. That would be a tough spot and it would be read-based and metagame/history based. Usually call but with a read that he's passive/nitty and respects our game then fold it.

orange
04-17-2007, 10:40 PM
dont necessarily agree with the bet/call on the turn. i would generally bet the turn here and usually fold to a raise.

given his bet on the turn, its so small relative to the pot size. i would bet the river for $11 and probably fold to a raise (though the odds would be sick). the river is a good card for our hand and negates other 2p combos.

the machine
04-17-2007, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

easy call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all, he seems super passive. That would be a tough spot and it would be read-based and metagame/history based. Usually call but with a read that he's passive/nitty and respects our game then fold it.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the only session ive played with him and at the time of the hand it was probably over 80 hands, so i dont really have a solid read. i figured pot control was ok here, because i didnt think id fold to him shoving

TedHastings
04-18-2007, 01:28 AM
If he's super passive why are you checking the turn, he's obviously not looking to push anyone off hands, what's the guys showdown % that's the key

Speedlimits
04-18-2007, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
villain is 45/1/1. only 116 hands though. can i have a better line? do we really think i hit gin on the river as well? block? VB call a raise?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $12.50
BB: $69
UTG: $34.60
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $104.55</font>
BTN: $38

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, BTN calls $2, 2 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.75) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.75</font>, BTN calls $4.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($14.25) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $2.50</font>, Hero calls $2.50

<font color="black">River:</font> ($19.25) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero ???

comments on turn appriciated as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

bet turn. $11 is good

NSchandler
04-18-2007, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dont necessarily agree with the bet/call on the turn. i would generally bet the turn here and usually fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

if we bet somewhere around $12, we're getting around 3:1 on a call. Given that we'll typically have 8 outs when behind and oftentimes be ahead, I think we can call.

However, it's probably close, which is reason to consider not betting in the first place. Just seems too drawy to check, though...

the machine
04-18-2007, 02:30 AM
yeah its def too drawy to check.

so river action i checked again????? /images/graemlins/confused.gif reason being that me not betting the turn didnt let me know if he had a straight or not or a draw. now if i bet the river he folds out a missed draw, and i have to call an all in not knowing where i stand at all.

2 pair still calls a river bet, but i didnt know where i stood so i took this passive approach

so he ended up making the same 2.50 bet. and now my nittiness came in and i just called. i had the winner.

Harri59
04-18-2007, 02:33 AM
I bet around 11$ at turn, then check the river.

the machine
04-18-2007, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah its def too drawy to check.

so river action i checked again????? /images/graemlins/confused.gif reason being that me not betting the turn didnt let me know if he had a straight or not or a draw. now if i bet the river he folds out a missed draw, and i have to call an all in not knowing where i stand at all.

2 pair still calls a river bet, but i didnt know where i stood so i took this passive approach

so he ended up making the same 2.50 bet. and now my nittiness came in and i just called. i had the winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

forgot to say this though, i timed down pondering a raise because i just counterfitted 2 pair. just decided against it last minute. would that have been a bad c/r in your opinion

orange
04-18-2007, 02:51 AM
river is an easy vb given this particular river. and the size of his bet on the turn. dont like your check much at all.

SykoraG
04-18-2007, 02:53 AM
All in on river, only thing I'd be worried about is a boat. You're going to get Q 10 / Q 9 and even 9 10 calling you here all day. I'm 90% sure you'd have heard from Jack King on the turn w/ a flush draw on the board. Get it in!