PDA

View Full Version : Gambooool? -- Pair + Flush draw -- 50NL

Kasane
04-17-2007, 03:47 PM
I've been limping here ON THE BUTTON only with this an other very speculative hands as an experiment. No need to comment on first pf limp. Btw, it's been working just fine. Until this point when I realized I didn't quite know how to play this multiway.

MP insta-shoved. I agonized a bit on whether to call this or not. Only thing I'd really hate would be an Ax of diamonds and SB coming along with a big pair -- but that looked very likely to be the case. I don't think a set shoves quite like this. MP was a big enough donk that he could have just top pair. SB seemed decent. I felt I could probably shove on him with reasonable fold equity had it folded around to me.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

<font color="black">SB: $49.50</font>
<font color="black">BB: $48</font>
UTG: $49.25
<font color="black">MP: $71.10</font>
<font color="black">CO: $33.45</font>
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $53.30</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, SB raises to $3.50, BB calls $3, MP calls $3, CO calls $3, Hero calls $3

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($17.50) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 Players)
SB bets $14, BB folds, MP raises all-in to $67.60, CO folds, Hero ...

netstorm
04-17-2007, 03:55 PM
I wont comment on preflop then (but raise or fold, then fold) but on the flop you have got to fold this. I doubt you have a clean K as out, so you are only drawing to the flush or a 6. Agains a set you're way behind, and its multiway. Easy fold imo

kolotoure
04-17-2007, 04:01 PM
I don't really see how a 6 can be clean but a K not. I probably shove because I &lt;3 pair + FD

C4LL4W4Y
04-17-2007, 04:06 PM
If your read on MP is correct...looks like a great time and some great odds to crack SB's KK (but he's probably folding it).

Kasane
04-17-2007, 10:01 PM
I think it's pretty certain that SB has JJ-AA, leaning away a bit from JJ. He wasn't an idiot. That strong bet into this field means "go away, this is mine I really have it and no stupid flush draws!". AK would check into this many.

If I correctly put MP down as Adxd, something stupid like AT(say BroadwayT, heavily discounted), 65, and a set -- And SB is going to fold JJ-QQ some percentage of time when I put it all in, and KK-AA a lesser percentage -- guess I have to give him TT for the some some percentage too. Hmmmmm.

I'm still torn. Seems at first glance to be on the right side of EV... A lot of ifs there. And I have relatively little invested.

Back to PF -- I didn't want to debate the first limp (an ongoing experiment there) but the second call is a must with everyone coming along for the ride and position on the field, isn't it? I didn't think I'd see a hint of disapproval there.

It's not like I'm going to stack off on a Kxx board. I'm going to give up if a RIO minor flop hit comes along. I've got to smack this flop to continue...