PDA

View Full Version : Live KK in biggest 3/6 pot evar

Meraxes
04-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Reads: UTG is a total lag, I've seen him cap with A6o and fire all the way to the river with busted draws.
Button is fairly new to the table, so I don't have any kind of read on him other than the assumption that he's LP like 90% of the players there.

UTG straddles, as he's done every time he's been UTG so far.
8-handed, Hero in the SB dealt K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif.
All but one player calls, I 3-bet, BB calls, UTG 4-bets, everyone calls, I cap (5 bets because of straddle), everyone calls.

7-handed to the flop, 34sb.
flop is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, BB calls, UTG raises, 3 calls including button, I 3-bet, BB calls again, UTG caps, everyone calls.

I'm a little worried after UTG caps, I've seen him do it before with much less than the nuts, and AQ is a real possibility, but if he has AA or QQ i'm drawing pretty thin.

6-handed to the turn, 29bb.
turn is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif [9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
I donk on the off chance that I'm still ahead of UTG, and his raise will knock out random Aces, BB folds, UTG does raise, folds to button who calls, I call.

3-handed to river, 35bb.
river is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif [9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif][Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif]
UTG is visibly upset, I check, UTG checks, button bets. At this point UTG starts swearing and is clearly preparing to muck his hand, so I make a crying call getting 36-1, with the hope that button thinks something like JJ,TT,97 is actually good when it's checked to him on the river.

How much of my play was spew versus trying to maximize my chances of winning a huge pot?

Chino987
04-17-2007, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Reads: UTG is a total lag, I've seen him cap with A6o and fire all the way to the river with busted draws.
Button is fairly new to the table, so I don't have any kind of read on him other than the assumption that he's LP like 90% of the players there.

UTG straddles, as he's done every time he's been UTG so far.
8-handed, Hero in the SB dealt K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif.
All but one player calls, I 3-bet, BB calls, UTG 4-bets, everyone calls, I cap (5 bets because of straddle), everyone calls.

7-handed to the flop, 34sb.
flop is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, BB calls, UTG raises, 3 calls including button, I 3-bet, BB calls again, UTG caps, everyone calls.

I'm a little worried after UTG caps, I've seen him do it before with much less than the nuts, and AQ is a real possibility, but if he has AA or QQ i'm drawing pretty thin.

6-handed to the turn, 29bb.
turn is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif [9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
I donk on the off chance that I'm still ahead of UTG, and his raise will knock out random Aces, BB folds, UTG does raise, folds to button who calls, I call.

3-handed to river, 35bb.
river is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif [9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif][Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif]
UTG is visibly upset, I check, UTG checks, button bets. At this point UTG starts swearing and is clearly preparing to muck his hand, so I make a crying call getting 36-1, with the hope that button thinks something like JJ,TT,97 is actually good when it's checked to him on the river.

How much of my play was spew versus trying to maximize my chances of winning a huge pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

i really dont see what you could have done differently here. all i have to add is that with that many people, the odds of winning with KK isnt that good, so I wouldnt be upset if i lost.

sounds like UTG had 73.

fishyak
04-17-2007, 03:59 PM
You can justify every bet you made. I call these hands "destined to die." Yes, you needed to make those bets. Yes, Button has the 3rd queen or a full house. And yes, you are destined to die to see it because you are getting 36:1 and must make the call. Yes?

Hamlet
04-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Your play seems fine.

Mr. Orange
04-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Looks good. You couldn't have played it differently. Betting into UTG hoping for him to raise and clear the field is the right play here.
I think Button might have you beat on the turn and if not then the river for sure. Even so you still have to call at the end getting a trillion to one.

Frond
04-17-2007, 05:15 PM
That is a huge one, I mean pot! Like over $220! I think it was very well played by you.

shane88888
04-17-2007, 05:19 PM
I would worry about AA or QQ only if and when the action goes nuts on the turn.

Everything else was good and I really liked the turn bet.

You have to call the river.