PDA

View Full Version : Playing like a maniac...

Speirsy
04-17-2007, 10:56 AM
At what stage does everyone think its profitable to play like an absolute maniac?

I ask because Ive recently started playing the 10$ and 25$ nl games on party, and it seems to me as if when I raise Im winning the pot uncontested a ridiculously high % of the time, and it doesnt seem like anyones adjusting to this.

So how tight does the table have to be to make raising close to 100% of your hands profitable? Is this common on party?

creamfillin
04-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Not familiar with party, but I don't recommend this style @ 10NL/25NL probably not even 50NL. I'm not saying don't bluff the right people, but close to 100% of your hands?? It's a good way to set money on fire.

Speirsy
04-17-2007, 11:07 AM
I realise it doesnt seem like it should be a strategy to even be considered, basically I was just wondering if the typical games on party can possibly be this passive or if Ive just happened to run into some particulary tight tables.

Obviously not a good strategy at most tables but Ive seriously been doing it 8/10 hands to see how people are reacting and I havent seen a single person adjust strategy

kurto
04-17-2007, 11:20 AM
You may not 'see' them adjusting because they haven't hit something to play back at you?

All I can say is I play at the $50 tables and everyone drools when a maniac sits down.

I've seen maniacs do really good runs and get huge stacks. But very, very rarely do I seem them keep the huge stacks.

mostman
04-17-2007, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen maniacs do really good runs and get huge stacks. But very, very rarely do I seem them keep the huge stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such is the story.

Often I will troll my buddy list for a 45+ with a high agression rating only to find them with _gigantic_ stacks sitting at some table. Then I sit down and within an hour the whole stack is gone. Its variance 101.

-Mike

creamfillin
04-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Because the more aggressive you play, the more skilled at hand reading you need to be. 99.99% of the players at uNL don't have aba-like handing reading ability needed for this style. I sure as hell don't either.