PDA

View Full Version : 25NL difficult hand with KK

xeanatic
04-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $13.90
BB: $36.30
UTG: $14.75
<font color="black">MP: $19.30</font>
<u>Hero (CO): $39.60</u>
<u>BTN: $37.50</u>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, BTN calls $1.25, 2 folds, MP calls $1

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.10) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $0.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $4</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $2

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($12.35) T/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $7.75</font>, Hero calls $7.75

<font color="black">River:</font> ($27.85) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets all-in for $24.50</font>

Pot Size: $27.85

Hero had K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villian is tight, how would you guys play this hand?

Loc0Loc0
04-17-2007, 10:58 AM
I would fold right away on the flop.. I see this much on the lower limits. Inducing a bluff with a donkingbet and reraise... Probably a set ...

It is such a dry flop and you are obviously looking towards a turn bet and river bet and you only beat KQ. A Tag would reraise AQ+ preflop...

C4LL4W4Y
04-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Loc BTN isn't the one donking into OP.

Flop 3b from a tight opponent after you raising a donkbet from a different player is usually pretty strong. Folding to the flop minraise is fine, I think.

resboard
04-17-2007, 01:30 PM
When i read this hand a few things come to mind.
When the button min raises at first glance I put him on AQ. Now one of the responders says "A TAG would reraise AQ+ preflop". I semi agree. But what about a player who is Tight Passive/Aggressive? Wouldn't this person call the AQ, and then play it aggressive? I personally think the KK is good here.

On a final side note, if someone min raises you and you are unsure, why not test him out? Reraise him and figure out where you are. Do not give him the power over you like you did. You left yourself unsure for the turn and let him control the hand.

NoahL
04-17-2007, 01:37 PM
I push. Who cares.

Kasane
04-17-2007, 01:46 PM
If he donks small into that board, you've got to pop him a little more than what you did to make any meaningful assessment of what he's got.

Were you only going to make a bet of $2 on the flop? Make it stronger, closer to pot size.

If he calls or repops that, it's time to reassess.

kolotoure
04-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Stats would be nice but w/e

Preflop - Standard

Flop - Min-raises are stupid so I never fold to them

Turn - This can be a fold a decent amount of the time but I think it is close given that we have no reads

River - Pretty easy fold as villain as shown mega strength vs. a preflop raiser over 3 streets

C4LL4W4Y
04-17-2007, 02:00 PM
For some reason I thought this was AK when I wrote my first reply. For that reason, don't pay any attention to it.

Check_The_Nuts
04-17-2007, 03:53 PM
yeah I pretty much thought the same thing as kolo, I have to grunch more posts though. I think a TAG won't fire that turn very often without the goods, and I don't think he fires the river ever without a monster.

reads are pretty key here though, versus some guys I definitely check/raise turn or check/call river against.

Davey Valentine
04-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Defo set. Always see 25nl donkeys doing min bets when they hit big to try get a bit more in the pot. I would of raised a lot higher on the flop, also turn call was a bit weak.

wikemang
04-17-2007, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stats would be nice but w/e

Preflop - Standard

Flop - Min-raises are stupid so I never fold to them

Turn - This can be a fold a decent amount of the time but I think it is close given that we have no reads

River - Pretty easy fold as villain as shown mega strength vs. a preflop raiser over 3 streets

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. A lot.

poon
04-17-2007, 05:30 PM
if hes tight then this is probly a set and make note he minraises sets. If this guy is looser and likes to minraise lots of "cbets" then i'd 3 bet and be happy to get all in on the flop. Btw i dont like ur flop raise. Id raise to 3.25 minimum