PDA

View Full Version : AA , out of position against 3 cold callers...

pacman2k7
04-17-2007, 06:19 AM
Did I play it well?, or I should just check / raise the turn.
Against one villain more likely I do check, but in this case I put one of them on a draw..

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($13, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $8</font>, 2 folds.
Uncalled bets: $8 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $13

eigenvalue
04-17-2007, 06:30 AM
The standard 2+2er likes your line, I think. Though I don't like it. In a 4-player pot, I like an overbet on teh flop and if that is called, I like a weakish bet of 1/3 of the pot on the turn, hoping for a reraise. But that's just me.

Jouster777
04-17-2007, 06:30 AM
The only time the turn bet really helps here is when one of the villains has a weak A. Any Q's get scared off with the 2 street sequence. If a villain has 2-pair+ its all going in no matter what you do.

I often can't keep my finger off the bet button here but a turn check is probably better.

pacman2k7
04-17-2007, 06:41 AM
I'm just wondering what if a K comes on river... (KQ or a str8)

I should 1/3 bet the turn..

Waingro
04-17-2007, 06:45 AM
Uhm maybe you should edit out the two folds on the turn. You are not going to get un-biased responses.

I like the turn bet, with two callers odds are that at least one of them is drawing very live and you are giving insane implied odds if you check turn to induce action on the river. JT, 8T and KJ are all well within villains ranges. Giving a free card to those hands is suicide.

pacman2k7
04-17-2007, 06:54 AM
Lucky: You're right, but now I can't edit my post, and what if just one villain calls my flop bet??

The_Bankroll
04-17-2007, 07:03 AM
Looks good to me.

munkey
04-17-2007, 07:06 AM
I bet the flop 4 OOP 4way and want to end it now/cut down no.villans - I wouldn't overbet the flop.

I would also bet the turn, multiway pots like this usually end/get lots action as villans all likely have speculative hands incl. JT and either hit hard or not at all but as there's lots of them then they combined vs you have a decent chance of connecting.