PDA

View Full Version : NL50: Flopped Set, Flush Hits on Turn

halinc
04-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Villain is unknown.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $49.50
<u>Hero (BB): $86.75</u>
UTG: $16.20
<u>CO: $48.55</u>
<font color="black"> BTN: $20.20 </font>

<font color="black"> Preflop: </font> Hero is dealt 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.50, <font color="red"> BTN raises to $1.50 </font>, SB folds, Hero calls $1, CO calls $1

<font color="black"> Flop: </font> ($4.75) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red"> CO bets $2 </font>, BTN calls $2, <font color="red"> Hero raises to $14 </font>, CO calls $12, BTN folds

<font color="black"> Turn: </font> ($34.75) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red"> Hero???

KingOfSwords
04-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Given his passive play, it seems more likely that he has a suited ace or a suited connector than a big pocket pair.

You made the right move on the flop with the big raise, of course. His call suggests he has 88, JJ+, AdKd or somesuch, or a combo draw.

I'd check the turn, call up to a half-pot bet, and re-evaluate the river.

Of course, this is much tougher without a read, because we don't know how far he'd go with something like AdJx.

mikechops
04-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Not much value in betting. If he doesn't have a flush now, anything else is going to be scared of the turn. Maybe you get some value out of a random A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif but he might bet that anyway as a semi-bluff and you are more likely to get looked up if the river blanks.

I'd check and fold to a push, but I'm calling anything less than $20. You are 25% to fill up on the river - at which point you should stack him.