PDA

View Full Version : Evil Retards

PattdownManiac
04-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Could someone who is severely mentaly retarded be as "evil" as someone who is a genius?

vhawk01
04-16-2007, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Could someone who is severely mentaly retarded be as "evil" as someone who is a genius?

[/ QUOTE ]

The better question is do they have souls.

bunny
04-16-2007, 08:33 PM
I think so. I think evil is about intent and motivation. Probably the genius will be able to do more damage, or more effectively realise his lesser degree of evilness. My understanding of the word would allow the retard to be more evil, but nonetheless be causing less harm.

PattdownManiac
04-16-2007, 08:41 PM
What about a really mean dog that attacked everything in it's path. Is it as evil as a man who does the same?

im a model
04-16-2007, 08:48 PM
I think it's weird how people hate dumb people but feel sorry for retards. Where do you draw the line for dumb and retarded? Sometimes when people yell at me and call me dumb I say that I'm actually retarded and then they say they're sorry. Anyway, nnnnnndurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

jogger08152
04-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Pattdown?

jogger08152
04-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Two words: "George W. Bush".

jogger08152
04-16-2007, 08:52 PM
Long as I'm spamming, might as well add: Lovecraft thought so. Blind idiot outer gods dancing to the weird piping of an insane piper, etc. Not sure if Nyarlathotep qualifies as "someone" though I s'pose.

yukoncpa
04-16-2007, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's weird how people hate dumb people but feel sorry for retards. Where do you draw the line for dumb and retarded? Sometimes when people yell at me and call me dumb I say that I'm actually retarded and then they say they're sorry. Anyway, nnnnnndurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

[/ QUOTE ]

It’s just that by proclaiming you’re a retard ( whether you are or aren’t ) you are conceding any argument that would have caused the other person to yell at you and call you dumb in the first place.
Once one party concedes an argument, the other party is usually consoled.

bunny
04-16-2007, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about a really mean dog that attacked everything in it's path. Is it as evil as a man who does the same?

[/ QUOTE ]
Again I think it's about intent and motivation, not effect. If the dog is just acting out it's animal nature without making a conscious choice then I wouldnt call it evil. I doubt many animals are capable of doing evil - no matter what actions they take.

Mr. Now
04-16-2007, 09:13 PM
mentaly is not a word, come on now. you may be evil.

yukoncpa
04-16-2007, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Again I think it's about intent and motivation, not effect. If the dog is just acting out it's animal nature without making a conscious choice then I wouldnt call it evil. I doubt many animals are capable of doing evil - no matter what actions they take.

[/ QUOTE ]

For this same reason, I don’t believe that someone who is truly mentally retarded is capable of doing evil. Maybe such a person is more capable of evil than a dog, but less capable of evil than a genius. It just depends on the extent of his mental retardation. I’m not certain exactly what mental retardation is specifically, but if you are talking about a shooter that doesn’t know the difference between a person and a jackrabbit, then certainly this person can’t be held to be evil.

RoundGuy
04-17-2007, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Retard.

jogger08152
04-17-2007, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

TimWillTell
04-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Adolf Hitler was offered the presidency twice; it was the highest position in Germany, jet he refused both times because he had set his mind on becoming bundeskansler.

When they finally agreed to this, and Hitler became bundeskansler, it took him four days to gain absolute power over Germany. As president he could not obtain that power.

When people realized what happened, it was already to late.

It doesn't get more evil then Hitler but he certainly wasn't retarded.

blutarski
04-17-2007, 10:59 PM
There are many people who have mental retardation who know right from wrong. And all of them have souls.

By the way, get out of the sixties, no one but an [censored] calls someone with a developmental disability a retard anymore.

vhawk01
04-17-2007, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There are many people who have mental retardation who know right from wrong. And all of them have souls.

By the way, get out of the sixties, no one but an [censored] calls someone with a developmental disability a retard anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doctors do. I consistently hear patients referred to as MR patients, and it isn't in a mocking or derogatory way. Of course, MR either means mental retardation or mitral regurgitation, but its consistently used in both cases.

And we'll just assume you meant "All of them have souls, provided anyone has a soul."

blutarski
04-17-2007, 11:09 PM
There's a difference between someone saying so and so is MR and saying so and so is a retard. This is so obvious it shouldn't need explanation.

The next time you hear a kid insult someone by saying, "Hey, you're MR!" you let me know.

vhawk01
04-17-2007, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's a difference between someone saying so and so is MR and saying so and so is a retard. This is so obvious it shouldn't need explanation.

The next time you hear a kid insult someone by saying, "Hey, you're MR!" you let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a difference between mental retardation and mental retardation, and it has nothing to do with what words you use. If you hear a kid say "Hey, this kid is mentally retarded LOLZERS!" its going to be offensive. If you hear a doctor refer to a patient as mentally retarded, it isn't. So, the point is, it doesn't matter what words we use, and the specific phrase mentally retarded is certainly not obsolete or universally offensive. Counting down the months or years until "Hey, he's DISABLED OMG!" becomes the norm.

FortunaMaximus
04-19-2007, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Inevitable.

jogger08152
04-19-2007, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Inevitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Would it have helped if I had said, "Eleven words: George W. Bush" instead? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

flipdeadshot22
04-19-2007, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Inevitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Would it have helped if I had said, "Eleven words: George W. Bush" instead? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

two words, and one letter would suffice