PDA

View Full Version : Tough spot with AA...

Marb2k
04-16-2007, 06:18 PM
This is probably my 10th hand at the table. No reads on the villan as of yet. Do i call this shove? Also, is my flop continuation bet a little too small?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $28.65
BB: $19.20
<u>UTG: $19</u>
MP: $26.30
<u>Hero (CO): $23.05</u>
BTN: $40.45

<font color="black"> Preflop: </font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, MP folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises to $1.25 </font>, 3 folds, UTG calls $1

<font color="black"> Flop: </font> ($2.85) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets $1.50 </font>, <font color="red"> UTG raises all-in to $17.75 </font>
Hero??????

Ace0fSpades
04-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Ugh, given no reads I think we have to fold here. I think villain likely has a set here.

Stoneflip
04-16-2007, 06:25 PM
No reads you have to fold.. but it's too bad, alot of villians play KK this way.

React1oN
04-16-2007, 06:29 PM
This is really a must fold?

[edit] Thinking about this it makes sense a set, because he would def reraise JJ+ preflop here, so yeah, fold seems good.

theflyingcow
04-16-2007, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No reads you have to fold.. but it's too bad, alot of villians play KK this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I'm rather surprised, since I have yet to see that kind of shoving into such a small pot. But yes, readless, you fold, make a note of it, and pay attention to him when he's in hands with other people to find out if he's fastplaying monsters or is a maniac and likes shoving gutshots / OESD.

jamez_kerry
04-16-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree with everyone and say that I'm calling this. No way is villian pushing a set or two pair like this. My quess is he probably has a pair, has put you on AK or similar and thinks he can get you off the hand.

LOwrestling2001
04-16-2007, 06:47 PM
I usually say call this, and I probably would call given the hand. However, the fact that UTG limp/called a raise preflop makes it relatively likely that he probably has some sort of small PP that made a set rather than him slowplaying a big pair. Despite this, for &lt; 100bbs, i think i'm still calling this against an unknown.

SirFelixCat
04-16-2007, 06:55 PM
I don't see this as a clear cut fold. Is villain really OVERBETTING this big with a huge hand? Too often, this is an idiot with TT or A9. I think calling really can be considered an +EV play. Why in the hell is villain pushing (ie. a gross overbet)?

One caveat to this though...if villain has a read on you, I've seen a very select few solid TAG's play it this way, because they figure most think as I am....

I still don't believe it's a 'clear' fold....

Stoneflip
04-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Yeah it's not a "clear" fold. I think a set, 10s through KKs and the rare AA chop are all possible. It's really how much you feel like gambling. Unless i just met a hot chick or something and am feeling real good, I play it safe , fold, and wait and get some reads.