PDA

View Full Version : Passive, Passive - Block ($50 Full Tilt)

kurto
04-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Table is now 3 handed. Villain is a LAG. He has 200BB stack but is kind of an idiot (in that he will make improper calls). The kind of guy whose won a few big pots calling with bottom pair who gets trip on the river that sort of thing. He does appear to bluff a bit too so he may at least be good at putting pressure on perceived weakness.

I want to explain my thoughts and people can tell me where I'm way off...

I have $93.85. Villain has $100.90. Other guy has $28.25.

Villain limps from Button. SB completes. I get free flop with 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

FLOP - ($1.50) 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks. I check planning to call any bet. I do not bet because I know villain will call/and or raise with any draw, any pair, etc. and anything that beats me. I also know he will automatically bet if checked to. There's also a gazillion cards I don't like so, again, I want to play small pot.

Villain bets $1.50. SB folds. I call.

TURN: ($4.50) J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Card doesn't change things much. I check. Villain bets $3. We haven't been 3 handed long enough to know if that would increase his second barrelling. I would guess he has something, but I suspect I could be anywhere. I call.

River- ($10.50) 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet $6.

My thoughts- This is a semi-bluff/blocking bet. I can bet weak because a lot of bad draws out there, I'm not going to get reraised with anything other then a straight. I may even fold out many hands I'm ahead of.

Note: I know from watching this guy that he would have called with any hit had I bet. If I then slowdown, he would put me to the test. Therefore, though it seems passive, it seemed to me the best strategy. But I want to hear thoughts otherwise (but please take villains tendencies into account when suggesting that I be more aggressive)

sightless
04-16-2007, 12:47 PM
I muck turn, but if you wanna call that, ilike the river donk

kurto
04-16-2007, 05:49 PM
I bump this too... either I played this right or there's no right answer? Or I played it so bad people are being polite?

React1oN
04-16-2007, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I muck turn, but if you wanna call that, ilike the river donk

[/ QUOTE ]