PDA

View Full Version : $50NL Trips + NFD Turn Decision

Numfar
04-16-2007, 01:48 AM
Ultimate Bet
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
5 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

<font color="black"> SB: $52.95 </font>
<font color="black"> BB: $24.60 </font>
UTG: $63.25
<font color="black"> Hero (CO): $64.90 </font>
BTN: $24.25

<font color="black"> Preflop: </font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises to $1.75 </font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.50, BB calls $1.25

<font color="black"> Flop: </font> ($5.25) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red"> BB bets $5.25 </font>, <font color="red"> Hero raises to $21 </font>, SB calls $21, BB folds

<font color="black"> Turn: </font> ($52.50) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero ???

Villain had played one hand at the table - he was in the BB and I raised with AQo, he re-raised, I folded.

What should I do on the Turn?

yeotaJMU
04-16-2007, 01:53 AM
jesus thats a big raise on the flop. that being said, thats a helluva cold call by SB. he could have a set or he could a combo draw of some kind. id be cautious here. i check the turn for two reasons. 1) it will induce a bluff on the river from hands that you beat and 2) you might not go broke if he had a flopped set. if a spade hits the river and he checks again, i would make a value bet. if he leads the river when a spade hits, i would probably just call as sick as that sounds. a non spade river i play same way, check/bet or bet/call.

Better Than U
04-16-2007, 01:59 AM
I push the turn, sure sometimes he shows up with a boat but you have an out. Also, sometimes he will call here with a worse FD and a SD or a SFD, though unlikely. I'm not getting away from this hand and if the river bricks I want his stack on the slim chance he has a draw.

yeotaJMU
04-16-2007, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I push the turn, sure sometimes he shows up with a boat but you have an out. Also, sometimes he will call here with a worse FD and a SD or a SFD, though unlikely. I'm not getting away from this hand and if the river bricks I want his stack on the slim chance he has a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

an out? i think chances are pretty good here that we are smoked, and dead to that out.

Better Than U
04-16-2007, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
an out? i think chances are pretty good here that we are smoked, and dead to that out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't that what I just said? Sorry, you got leveled by the "out" comment.

yeotaJMU
04-16-2007, 02:05 AM
i dont think we should be trying to draw to quads here when villain has a made boat.

Better Than U
04-16-2007, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont think we should be trying to draw to quads here when villain has a made boat.

[/ QUOTE ]I WAS JOKING!

Numfar
04-16-2007, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
jesus thats a big raise on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]It was just pot sized but I know it looked big. It was to put BB AI. I thought it may have looked like a draw which perhaps changes how villain plays the hand.

yeotaJMU
04-16-2007, 02:07 AM
gotcha. my b.

kolotoure
04-16-2007, 02:13 AM
I think a draw is a much larger part of his range then a set

orange
04-16-2007, 02:14 AM
very strange action so far.

PF is std.

flop is fine. though sometimes i just flat call there in hopes that SB will come along for the ride. looks like he did anyway.

anyways, with 1/2 your stack in, trips + FD, i think you can go either way. i would probably shove and feel good about it, though calling/calling any river would be okay too.

Numfar
04-16-2007, 02:46 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

My thoughts were that I couldn't really put him on a set because calling after a bet &amp; re-raise on a flop like that wouldn't make much sense. A big draw or an overpair that thought I was on the draw seemed likely so I pushed. I'd expect to get called by a lot of that range - even a donk with a FD plus overs will often call when the pot is that big (KsQs?).

Anyway, he had 55. Not much I could do I guess - he would have pushed the river and I'd probably have to call.

yeotaJMU
04-16-2007, 02:47 AM
i win /images/graemlins/smile.gif