PDA

View Full Version : Holy overbets batman

kolotoure
04-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Party Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

<font color="black"> SB: $14.95 </font>
BB: $33.75
UTG: $49.90
MP: $32
<font color="black"> CO: $105.20 </font>
<font color="black"> Kolo (BTN): $49.70 </font>

<font color="black"> Preflop: </font> Kolo is dealt A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.50, <font color="red"> Kolo raises to $2.50 </font>, SB calls $2.25, BB folds, CO calls $2

<font color="black"> Flop: </font> ($8) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, CO checks, Kolo checks

<font color="black"> Turn: </font> ($8) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red"> CO bets $11.85 </font>, Kolo ??

Xanta
04-16-2007, 12:35 AM
Uggggggh, I think that I fold this one. He's never doing this for value with a worse hand except maybe a butchered QK, and if he's bluffing you get his $12 and that's it. I don't like pushing here and just calling is a one way ticket to squeezeville and/or getting pwned on the river.

dodgybob
04-16-2007, 01:00 AM
There are a lot of draws he can be doing with this, however its a pretty scary board, and as you don't have much invested in the pot I think i'd probably advocate folding and waiting for a spot where you can get your money in with more certainty.

Having said that, if I was actually playing I probably just shove.

Xanta
04-16-2007, 01:02 AM
I think if villain's gonna go nuts with the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif he generally does it on the flop. Just what I've noticed on monotone boards.

dodgybob
04-16-2007, 01:19 AM
I very rarely give villains credit for a flopped flush.

kolotoure
04-16-2007, 01:25 AM
Name some worse hands he does with for value

yeotaJMU
04-16-2007, 01:30 AM
he could be doing this with the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif... however he limped preflop from the cutoff which is odd and makes it hard to put him on a hand. i would say he has something along the lines of 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is trying to protect against A/images/graemlins/spade.gif X hands hitting a higher flush on the river. dirty but a fold.

dodgybob
04-16-2007, 01:45 AM
Why does it have to be for value?

Semi-bluff?

Edit: And notice I did say in my OP I think the best move is to fold, that just doesn't mean i'd do it.