PDA

View Full Version : line check

yimc17
04-16-2007, 12:25 AM
I usually don't call with J7 in the blinds but UTG is a huge donk, MEGA calling station, etc. I just wanted to get into a hand with him

First question is should i call OOP with a hand like that against a mega donk or just wait for a better spot.
Second question is, once he calls that flop checkraise i know he has a ace. I also know he is not folding that ace to a turn bet. So do you guys think i should fire on the turn or just check and try to see the river cheaply. if i don't hit my draw i am just check folding river.
Poker Stars
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

<font color="black"> Hero (SB): $64.65 </font>
BB: $62.10
UTG: $38.45
MP: $14.30
CO: $134.80
BTN: $42.75

<font color="black"> Preflop: </font> Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
UTG raises to $1.50, MP folds, CO folds, BTN folds, Hero calls $1.25, BB calls $1

<font color="black"> Flop: </font> ($4.50) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, BB folds, UTG calls $3

<font color="black"> Turn: </font> ($13.50) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero bets $9, UTG calls $9

<font color="black"> River: </font> ($31.50) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero bets $25, UTG calls all-in for $23.45
Uncalled bet of $1.55 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $78.40 ($3 Rake)

Xanta
04-16-2007, 01:01 AM
Bet/3bet AI on the flop (use your fold equity), check the turn (it sucks when he shoves over) and call a reasonable bet (&lt;3/4 pot or so)

River is nice

kolotoure
04-16-2007, 01:09 AM
Flop - UTG isn't betting without an A but someone will raise if they have the A so I prefer b/3b even though most villains are calling a push with an A

Turn - C/c is a lot better because getting raised and shutout here would suck a lot

River - I like but what is your line if the river is a brick/J/7?

yeotaJMU
04-16-2007, 01:44 AM
i like a lead on the flop as mentioned. as played, a bigger raise is needed, at least to 6. check turn and bet river as played.
[ QUOTE ]
River - I like but what is your line if the river is a brick/J/7?

[/ QUOTE ]

def a bet on a J river, i would ck/call a 7 and obv c/f a blank.

yimc17
04-16-2007, 02:15 AM
I did the checkraise on the flop because he was c-betting 100% of flops, so i figured i would just snap of a c-bet. but when he called i knew i was behind.
I agree the bet/3bet line would be better. also, if i bet the flop and he calls do i fire the turn or check it?
thanks for the input

orange
04-16-2007, 02:18 AM
pf isnt the best, but disregarding that...

flop is fine. b/3bing is fine as well. turn is fine. river is standard.