PDA

View Full Version : 10NL AKo, don't know what to do on all streets

davidyang
04-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Villain has TAG stats, but is a bad TAG imo. He'll stack off with TPTK basically every time I've noticed. Other then that no other reads. Comments all streets, and what you would have done AND WHY, would be appreciated.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $10.70
CO: $11.95
Button: $10.40
Hero: $10.55
BB: $9.30

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $0.3</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.1</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.3, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $2</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($6.3, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $2.6</font>, Hero calls.

River: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($11.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $2.2</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $15.9

creamfillin
04-16-2007, 02:12 AM
This is a really quirky spot. Knowing villain's raising range helps. All the money is going in anyway so it's best to shove the turn and hope he has a weak ace. I don't think I can get away from TPTK here.

orange
04-16-2007, 02:16 AM
this is a very strange spot.

i think you played this fine after looking at it. i dont see TOO many hands calling a raise, though AQ is probably in there given your read.

Kressman
04-16-2007, 03:32 AM
I would raise the flop to know how strong my hand is.

catfish_01
04-16-2007, 03:53 AM
The bet sizes look like the way I played with top pair when I first started out; I would triple barrel and keep the bet nearly the same on each street because I didn't really know what else to do.

I do like your line. I would raise that flop some percent of the time, but only if I felt my table image were squeaky enough for the TAG to not get tricky with me. That's because if you raise him on the flop, you are going to be in a tough spot if he 3-bet's you both in. I don't really mind stacking off on this hand in general, but I think the times he is willing to 3bet our flop raise we may be more behind than against his range which won't 3-bet.

davidyang
04-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Villain is definitely stacking off with AQ in this spot. I split with AK, unless he has spades, in that case he's freerolling. Everything else that villain could have has me crushed. He's not going to be betting three streets with KK/QQ IMO. However, I really didn't see any other way to play this hand.