No Limit Hold'em Ring Game (6 max) , 5 players
Blinds : $0.25/$0.50

Stacks:
UTG : $19.95
CO : $3.70
Button : $58.25
SB : $49.50
Hero : $66.55

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG limps, CO folds, Button limps, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.75, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.40</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $10</font>, Button calls ($7).

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($21.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $16</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $32</font>, Hero folds.

Villain was a tight/passive regular, like 20/10 and on the passive side postflop. I think my image might have been a bit bad so it's possible he's getting out of line.

I guess my main question is whether to 3-bet the flop ??

Xanta
04-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Flop 3bet is good IMO, even a passive villain might raise top pair decent kicker or a nice draw in position there. If he shoves or 4 bets, I probably can't get away from my hand since there's one combo of 66 and 77 and he probably doesn't have KK given preflop.

Against a passive guy folding this on the turn is good, the only thing that you beat is AK which a 20/10 isn't limping on the button.

ama0330
04-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Are you calling a push on the flop? If so, you should push the turn, because your equity is almost identical as it was on the flop. The 8 doesnt really help most of the hands he could conceivably hold.

cbloom
04-15-2007, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you calling a push on the flop? If so, you should push the turn, because your equity is almost identical as it was on the flop. The 8 doesnt really help most of the hands he could conceivably hold.

[/ QUOTE ]

While you are right that 8 doesn't change anything, his range to push the flop and his range to raise the turn are two completely different animals. That changes my equity vs. his range in those two situations.

ama0330
04-15-2007, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While you are right that 8 doesn't change anything, his range to push the flop and his range to raise the turn are two completely different animals. That changes my equity vs. his range in those two situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats true, but if you didnt feel that you could stand a re-raise on the turn, then why did you bet? Betting here seems like an expensive way of finding out that we are beat.

Xanta
04-15-2007, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I renege on calling the flop push and folding the turn, it doesn't make much sense.
I suppose your play here depends on how villain will play big 1 pair hands, since he really can't have a ton of monsters here.

cbloom
04-15-2007, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thats true, but if you didnt feel that you could stand a re-raise on the turn, then why did you bet? Betting here seems like an expensive way of finding out that we are beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking on his flop range was that it was :

A) a set
B) some kind of K like KQ or KJ and he thinks I'm FOS
C) a flush draw

Betting the turn is not to find out where I am. I think he will call a lead with a K or a flush draw. If he just called the turn I would probably check-call the river.

But I'm not sure if he even calls the flop 3-bet with a K, so maybe he can only have a set or a flush draw on the turn. I guess he could also have the same hand as me.

I really hate putting in a bunch of money and then folding to a min-raise /images/graemlins/mad.gif