PDA

View Full Version : an inconvenient truth

xxThe_Lebowskixx
04-15-2007, 02:28 PM
i just put this movie on, and i am 2 minutes into it. Why do I see Al Gore's face? Why is it nessecary for a documentry to have a main character or hero except because he is a complete egoist? The discory shows on tigers dont have some douchebag on showing off and standing infront of the camera.

Plus, he has an accent that makes me want to kill myself.

Shutting it off now.

BTW, I didnt know Al Gore is a scientist....

Case Closed
04-15-2007, 03:48 PM
So you made this post in two forums after the first one was heavily flamed? Do you expect different responses?

chezlaw
04-15-2007, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I didnt know Al Gore is a scientist....

[/ QUOTE ]
wasn't he the chap who invented the internet? must be pretty clued up?

chez

PairTheBoard
04-15-2007, 04:35 PM
At least he didn't use the Leonard Nimoy tactic of presenting evidence consisting of nothing but one question after another. "Could it be that this ancient symbol represents Aliens landing on the desert?". "Is the explantion for disappearances in the Bermuda Triangle the Undersea remnant civilization of the Lost Continent of Atlantis?" "Does chocolate pudding taste like cream cheese when consumed on the Moon?". I've already got the questions Leonard. What I need are the answers.

PairTheBoard

m_the0ry
04-15-2007, 05:14 PM
I just clicked on this thread and read 2 words into it and the OP used the first person in his analysis of the subject. Why is that necessary (<-note spelling) except for him being a complete egoist?

leaving thread now.

SammyKid11
04-16-2007, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just put this movie on, and I am 2 minutes into it. Why do I see Al Gore's face?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Al Gore is the main attraction of the movie, dickwad. Why do I see Russell Crowe's face when I turn on Gladiator? Hmm. News at eleven.

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it necessary for a documentary to have a main character or hero except because he is a complete egoist? The Discovery Channel??? shows on tigers don't have some douchebag on showing off and standing infront <font color="red"> ("in front" is two words, moron) </font> of the camera.

Plus, he has an accent that makes me want to kill myself because in spite of how he sounds, it's clear that he's 75023496813459346823450 times smarter than I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Shutting it off now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great...go ahead and kill yourself while you're in the process of shutting things off. In fact, leave the movie on...that way the police and coroner staff will have something interesting to watch to make up for the smell of a body that no one missed for 6 days.

SNOWBALL
04-16-2007, 02:13 AM
This movie is worth watching, so you are cheating yourself by getting upset about Al Gore. I could have done without the biographical stuff, but it was a small price to pay for the information. FWIW, I dislike Gore, and wouldn't vote for him.

Eagles
04-16-2007, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just put this movie on, and I am 2 minutes into it. Why do I see Al Gore's face?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Al Gore is the main attraction of the movie, dickwad. Why do I see Russell Crowe's face when I turn on Gladiator? Hmm. News at eleven.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you seriously this stupid?

SammyKid11
04-16-2007, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess so, cause I don't see anything stupid in what I said. Gore was the inspiration for, and main marketing attraction of "An Incovenient Truth." In that way, despite its being a documentary, it is no different than any other movie. They show him because the movie was about him, and because they believed that would help them the most in marketing the film...like him or not, he is pretty [censored] famous.

Anything else I can clear up for you?

arahant
04-16-2007, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess so, cause I don't see anything stupid in what I said. Gore was the inspiration for, and main marketing attraction of "An Incovenient Truth." In that way, despite its being a documentary, it is no different than any other movie. They show him because the movie was about him, and because they believed that would help them the most in marketing the film...like him or not, he is pretty [censored] famous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you teach me how to deliver such effecient smackdowns?

tisthefire
04-16-2007, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]i agree wtih this, although why is michal moore in farenheit 9/11 is a better analogy