PDA

View Full Version : Cold-Calling - PT stats

Lordy
04-15-2007, 01:31 PM
I was reviewing my PT stats checking for random leaks at NL50, and I came across what looks like a rather large leak with Suited Connectors : Cold-calling.
There's obviously sample size issues, but over 130K hands, cold-calling with SCs shows a huge loss.

So I'm kinda wondering what kind of hands I should do this with ?
Also, just to make sure : Cold-calling = calling a raise without closing the action ?

TheRenaissance
04-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Cold Call
Calling when faced with more than one bet in a single action.
If one opponent bets, and another raises, and you call, you have cold called.

Lordy
04-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Oh, I see...

This is kinda confusing... Does this mean that playing Suited connectors and suited gappers in position, in a multi-way pot is bad ?

Or is it more likely that I just plain suck with them post-flop ?

TheRenaissance
04-15-2007, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I see...

This is kinda confusing... Does this mean that playing Suited connectors and suited gappers in position, in a multi-way pot is bad ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to say this, but... probably the latter.

Sweir
04-15-2007, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I see...

[/ QUOTE ]

SCs play well post-flop especially multiway because it increases implied odds when you make your hand. Remeber to check stack sizes when calling pf raises with SCs and low PP type hands though to check that you have the implied odds.

Perhaps you are calling too bigger raises pf without the implied odds, or calling too large bets with draws, or need work on your value bets and extraction when you do hit. Just a few points to keep in mind.