PDA

View Full Version : 2 pair vs tricky maniac (yes, I said it).... +300BB stacks

kurto
04-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Villain is 75/22 and fairly aggressive. His stacks went from calling station to lag depending on how much he was betting postflop. I'm not entirely clear on why it says he only raised 22% because he was minraising nearly every hand for hours.

Though you'd hardly believe it by his stats, he wasn't a complete idiot. He had nearly $300 at one point because he got paid off when he hit and he knew how to milk it. Also, though he never folded, that didn't stop people from trying to bluff him. He would call down with any pair. he was very good at putting pressure. He had no problem putting in 100bb on the river with complete air after calling 3 2 streets with nothing. And playing the same way with the nuts.

Some of his suckouts were legendary.

My preflop is standard with position on him and being this deep.

Its the turn and river I'm not sure about. (note- the flop min-reraise was for isolation purposes.)

Who calls here?
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

<font color="black">SB: $49.50</font>
<font color="black">BB: $110.40</font>
UTG: $128.35
<font color="black">MP: $37.15</font>
<font color="black">CO: $176</font>
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $159.60</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.50) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>, 2 folds, MP calls $2.50, <font color="red">CO raises to $5</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.50</font>, MP folds, CO calls $2.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($20) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $20</font>, CO calls $20

<font color="black">River:</font> ($60) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets all-in for $148</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $148 returned to CO

Pot Size: $60 ($3 Rake)

thac
04-15-2007, 01:07 PM
I definitely raise more on the flop, he's gonna come along I promise.. raising flop to 16 makes this hand much easier to play. It's a tough call on the river .. I think it's easier to fold because you played it so small on the flop, but I definitely raise the flop more.

TheRenaissance
04-15-2007, 01:15 PM
I see no reason not to make a big fat 3b on the flop.
You have bottom two in a multiway pot, if villain has 64 or 67 here you just let him draw super cheap. In fact, even a five outer can call here with these stacks.

Turn fine.
River I really dont know.
64 got there, 67 didnt, the ace is the perfect scare card...
He probably puts you on a scared 8.

I agonize and call.

(but if you look at my recent posts I am a laggy callstation apparently)

ADK
04-15-2007, 01:26 PM
i'm repopping to $15 on flop. turn looks fine for the way you played it, river is a sucky card, looks like he hit something big and thinks you'll pay him off. im just folding this most of the time.

Stake Monster
04-15-2007, 01:35 PM
i fold on the river, too many hands beat you. I bet he had 64.