PDA

View Full Version : Finns: How do you deal with the taxes on internet poker?

K䲰䮥n
04-15-2007, 12:54 PM
I currently play at Party Poker and I'm making an ok profit. I 'm about to buy a car. The Verovirasto (IRS) might be interested on my property. How do you guys deal with the taxes?

K䲰䮥n
04-17-2007, 04:33 AM
Can I bump this thread once in a while until someone replies?

RollinHand
04-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Party is tax free as far as I know, atleast for us swedes so it should be for finns too since you are also part of EU.

K䲰䮥n
04-17-2007, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party is tax free as far as I know, atleast for us swedes so it should be for finns too since you are also part of EU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I wan under such an impression, too. But in case the IRS wants to know where I got the money (and according to the law i HAVE to have documents on it, otherwise thay'll just tax it) what can I show them? Hand histories? PO database? Credit card > Poker account > Creadit card transactions?

sebbb
04-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Aren't the tax laws different in every country of the EU?

Iq75
04-18-2007, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I wan under such an impression, too. But in case the IRS wants to know where I got the money (and according to the law i HAVE to have documents on it, otherwise thay'll just tax it) what can I show them? Hand histories? PO database? Credit card > Poker account > Creadit card transactions?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they start asking these questions they will also tell you what kind of documentation they want from you to prove that the income indeed is tax free. It depends on the situation. In most cases I think that the receipts of all the deposits and withdrawals should be enough. If that’s not enough then a PT database will prove that the income came from poker playing.

Soulman
04-18-2007, 07:10 AM
Goddamn, Norway needs to join the EU asap /images/graemlins/frown.gif