PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: AA versus villian in last hand (blind battle)

Check_The_Nuts
04-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Same villian as last hand. This is in a blind battle so I expected to get called down slightly lighter. However I think a pot/pot/pot line kinda sucks, even though it probably works fine at 25NL. I feel like I should be half-potting and folding to a raise.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

Button ($45.90)
Hero ($78.60)
BB ($114.15)
UTG ($32.95)
MP ($40.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.25</font>, BB calls $3.25.

Turn: ($10.50) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, BB calls $8.

River: ($26.50) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $22</font>, BB calls $22.

Final Pot: $70.50

MyQuil
04-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Played it fine but I wouldn't have bet as much on the river. Your near pot sized bets on flop and turn are good as it looks like he may well have been on a draw, but on the river, he's not going to call a $22 bet if he's missed his draw, so you're probably only going to get any action if he's got you beat.

I would have just value betted it, around $15. You're prob still holding the best hand but he may have two pair or a set so your risking less. What was he actually holding, Q Q or J J?

Check_The_Nuts
04-15-2007, 09:55 AM
humm I think 17-20 is probably better. This guy is a decent TAG so I see no value in checking to induce a bluff he's not going to make very often on that river (IMO at least). Now that I think of it, I don't think worrying about him raising me off a hand is a problem, because he probably puts me on a busted flush draw.

MyQuil
04-15-2007, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he probably puts me on a busted flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

After raising pf then heavy bets all the way through? I don't think I'd put anyone on that. Aces are good but they're definitely beatable on this board. Definitely want to value bet this one and I don't see any advantage in going above $15. Again, you wouldn't expect to get called unless the guys got you beat so it's probably not going to win you any more money.

Check_The_Nuts
04-15-2007, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

After raising pf then heavy bets all the way through? I don't think I'd put anyone on that. Aces are good but they're definitely beatable on this board. Definitely want to value bet this one and I don't see any advantage in going above $15. Again, you wouldn't expect to get called unless the guys got you beat so it's probably not going to win you any more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's not many hands in my range that were helped by that turn card (AKdd KQdd, AA, AK unimproved). Plus this board is crazy draw heavy, so he'll probably figure me for a busted draw I'm guessing. Also, I think he would normally raise that turn with a big hand(why call with a big hand? The board is crazy draw heavy and he has no idea how I play the river). This probably lent me to think he had something like AK/KQ/QQ/JJ, as someone said earlier.

Of course he had 77. Whatever...retarded......

TheRenaissance
04-15-2007, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, what a fool.
My standard line here is bet, bet, cc in the hope that he will bet his missed draw or whatever.

Check_The_Nuts
04-15-2007, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lol, what a fool.
My standard line here is bet, bet, cc in the hope that he will bet his missed draw or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I do same versus bluff happy cally neverbelievingme fish.

Kimo White Devil
04-15-2007, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's not many hands in my range that were helped by that turn card (AKdd KQdd, AA, AK unimproved). Plus this board is crazy draw heavy, so he'll probably figure me for a busted draw I'm guessing. Also, I think he would normally raise that turn with a big hand(why call with a big hand? The board is crazy draw heavy and he has no idea how I play the river). This probably lent me to think he had something like AK/KQ/QQ/JJ, as someone said earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever, 2 monster hands the villain slowplayed...just dont tilt because of that and adjust your play in consequence. I would probably attack his big flop bets and check his checks on subsequent hands...