PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: Twopair "Slowplayed" Did you just river me?

Check_The_Nuts
04-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Villian seemed like a decent TAG, 20/7/4 numbers. Definitely thinking. I really think I need to fold this river, and check call any non-pairing river. Agree?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

BB ($49.25)
Hero ($63.40)
MP ($61.75)
CO ($73.45)
Button ($54.30)
SB ($21.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($6.75) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5.5</font>, MP calls $5.50, Button folds.

Turn: ($17.75) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $17.75</font>, Hero calls $17.75.

River: ($53.25) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $36.5 (All-In)</font>,

TheRenaissance
04-15-2007, 09:45 AM
River pairing is irrelevant unless you put villain on AA.
I call river as played, but I'd rather bet turn and call a turn shove.

anytwofine
04-15-2007, 09:49 AM
If he had QQ or KK he would have reraised u pf. The only hand I can put him on is 44. Good fold.

Check_The_Nuts
04-15-2007, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
River pairing is irrelevant unless you put villain on AA.
I call river as played, but I'd rather bet turn and call a turn shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

board is really dry and I think I'd scare villian pretty bad if I tried potting every street. I didn't want to scare an AK/AA type hand to only sets. When he bet so huge on the turn I figured whatever he had he thought it was the nuts (either AA/AK/some set). So I called planning to check call most rivers.

I really can't see him betting AK here. What does he expect me to call with? KJ? its just too thin IMO.

PS. I'd say your line would normally be my standard line..

yeah preflop is the other thing...more likely he repops KK/QQ/AA so I beat everything but 44. Makes it a call IMO.

thac
04-15-2007, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he had QQ or KK he would have reraised u pf. The only hand I can put him on is 44. Good fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really weak/tight thinking. I call here because if you check to a lot of villains, they're gonna bet. When he bets pot on the turn, what is he trying to get you to do? You look really weak, so if he's strong, he's not gonna pot it because he wants to rope in a little extra money. If you call the turn, you HAVE to call the river because it changes nothing. He doesn't have K6 or Q6.

ShipitFMA
04-15-2007, 09:58 AM
I like this line alot. I think we are ahead here ALOT to make this call very profitable in the long run. For the 6 to really hurt you what can you put him on?

is a 20/7 really calling pf with k6 q6 46

Im not very familier but a 4 agression factor is quite high yes? could this particular villian be making this play with a very wide range of ahdns here?

Definately a call

Check_The_Nuts
04-15-2007, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

That's really weak/tight thinking. I call here because if you check to a lot of villains, they're gonna bet. When he bets pot on the turn, what is he trying to get you to do? You look really weak, so if he's strong, he's not gonna pot it because he wants to rope in a little extra money. If you call the turn, you HAVE to call the river because it changes nothing. He doesn't have K6 or Q6.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but his PFR is low, so i guess he could have AA or a set. I think the thinking of "if you call the turn, you HAVE to call the river" is bad also. He could have easily picked up extra outs on the turn when that club hit, and decided to go for fold equity on the turn. I think in this case he wouldn't bet the river because its pretty obvious I'm not folding here.

Results in white, not sure if it matters,
<font color="white"> I'm obviously getting cold decked I guess. Guy had AA :/. On turn/river I thought, god damn it you have AA don't you..... </font>

thac
04-15-2007, 10:06 AM
If he cold-calls AA preflop, God bless him, he can have my stack. He doesn't have AA there enough times for me to fold when the board pairs the bottom cards. He's gonna have KJ or some dumb bluff enough times to call this getting 36:90 (2.5:1 approx)

TheRenaissance
04-15-2007, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, but his PFR is low, so i guess he could have AA or a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless his pfr is 0 you cant really put him on AA here.
I mean he raises 7% of his hands, that is actually a lot of different hands.
44 is certainly possible, though.

I've seen the results and fine, he decided to mix it up and got lucky on the river. But I still think folding is bad.

Check_The_Nuts
04-15-2007, 10:14 AM
ok cold decked it is. Wasn't sure thats all. Losing with the other overpair would of course lead me to believe I suck with overpairs.

Kimo White Devil
04-15-2007, 10:14 AM
*grunch

I cant fold this, maybe im a look-up artist but the pair board only gives AA or a naked 6 a better hand than yours. He does not play AA like that. and his stats doesnt go well with a 6 in his hand. CALL that bet! thats what you wanted when you went down into check/call mode on the turn : to induce bluffs and thin value bets, no?

ama0330
04-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Problem here is that the money should have gone in on the turn. If you check the turn, raise it all in. Otherwise, b3b all in. You are all over his range.

OneBigRed
04-15-2007, 11:10 AM
I think this is a perfect spot for stack-a-donk on the turn.

ADK
04-15-2007, 01:14 PM
lead turn or else check raise.