PDA

View Full Version : 50 nl KQo OOP pf

.xxxx.
04-15-2007, 04:35 AM
Villain has been running at 21/13, are we deep enough to make this a profitable call?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

<u>Hero (SB): $124.40</u>
<u>BB: $97.40</u>
UTG: $31.55
CO: $100.50
BTN: $43.65

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $6</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $3.50

NameAgame
04-15-2007, 04:52 AM
jez he practicly min-raised u, i will call even with 50bb stacks.

kolotoure
04-15-2007, 04:53 AM
My inner nit tells me to fold

.xxxx.
04-15-2007, 04:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

run me through your thought process to make this decision, indulge me please

NameAgame
04-15-2007, 04:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

run me through your thought process to make this decision, indulge me please

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm u have great odds???
Like 3-1 if my math is good:)

.xxxx.
04-15-2007, 05:05 AM
Name, my fault. I wasn't doing the math correctly myself. So its an obvious call pf. Since I'm OOP and have a stack to protect, the flop decision was pretty tough, thoughts?

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($13) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10

kolotoure
04-15-2007, 05:06 AM
I hate playing this type of hand deep which is why i fold unless I feel like trying to outplay villain postflop

NameAgame
04-15-2007, 05:20 AM
Villain stats look just like for a guy who will fire only once with his AK or underpair (i think TT,99 are fairly posible given preflop) , soo i think a call is good and u will often have a chance to take a stab at the pot on the turn.

Chomp
04-15-2007, 07:10 AM
I hate preflop. Marginal hand, out of position, 3bet pot. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

And if I decided to open (I suppose I'll do it very occasionally) I'd fold to 3b.

And can someone please tell me why getting 3/1 make this ok? We are still oop with an easily dominated hand in a raised pot, so hitting one of cards is hardly a justification to be going down this road.

All just IMO.

On edit: Just seen turn. So we are calling gettin 2/1, right? Phew. This hand is now getting out of control. We have a small hand and are suddenly playing a big pot with it, out of position. Seems to be there are a lot of fundamentals being breached here.

VPIP100
04-15-2007, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate preflop. Marginal hand, out of position, 3bet pot. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

And if I decided to open (I suppose I'll do it very occasionally) I'd fold to 3b.

And can someone please tell me why getting 3/1 make this ok? We are still oop with an easily dominated hand in a raised pot, so hitting one of cards is hardly a justification to be going down this road.

All just IMO.

On edit: Just seen turn. So we are calling gettin 2/1, right? Phew. This hand is now getting out of control. We have a small hand and are suddenly playing a big pot with it, out of position. Seems to be there are a lot of fundamentals being breached here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, fold preflop always. Id rather call with PP's or SC's than this hand.

As played, shove flop, you like to see both cards and you dont want to get forced to fold on the turn.

.xxxx.
04-15-2007, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

All just IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, fold preflop always. Id rather call with PP's or SC's than this hand.

As played, shove flop, you like to see both cards and you dont want to get forced to fold on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shove the flop for &gt;150BB's? That can't be right.

.xxxx.
04-15-2007, 09:26 AM
The turn bricked, but villain checks behind after showing so much strength? AA/KK/QQ don't make sense anymore. Thoughts?

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($33) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks

Spanky1974
04-15-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm not good enough to make this even a neutral call pre-flop. The flop is where you need to take it down if you were going to outplay him. I think CRAI on the flop is fine. I think I would take a stab at it on the river and hope he's holding AK. Marginal call PF makes this a very tough hand to play.