PDA

View Full Version : How do I play in passive games??

Mcot
04-14-2007, 10:32 PM
I am used to more agressive games where hands are easily defined by bets and raises. Recently though ive been playing very small stakes on pokerstars (5 and 10NL) and the games have been super passive.

I have seen players limping with big pairs and check calling the whole way, and I see players hit the nut flush or nut straight and check call down.

With this type of play I have been getting confused. I usually make cont. bets with my bigger hands and I am getting called very often and I have no idea where I am at. Since the geames are passive should I stop double barreling and triple barreling in these low games (I dont do it often, but should I stop completly) and also how do I maximize my great hands when people are just check calling me. Should I start betting more than pot??

Thanks.

Pirelli
04-14-2007, 10:38 PM
If they call once, valuebet only, do not bluff.

You can play more hands too, because drawing hands wont be bet out of the pot as often.

I don't think betting more than pot is necessary, but definitely full pot it for value.

Mcot
04-14-2007, 10:39 PM
well I am running pretty tight 21/8/1.5ish should I start runing like 30/20 or something, because i can easily make my game this way.

BallinPro
04-14-2007, 10:42 PM
if ppl are playing passive then play tight aggressive

blutarski
04-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Don't give them odds to draw, if possible. Put them in positions to call bets for bad pot odds.

Fiksdal
04-14-2007, 11:10 PM
ABC poker, value bet the [censored] out of them. this is silly easy.