PDA

View Full Version : Payment methods UIGEA can not regulate!!!!!! Gaboon read!!!!

Izzy Vega
04-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Im going to keep this very simple!!!! I belive there are a few payment methods the UIGEA will have no control over.....

1. Paper checks....it would be impossible for banks to monitor paper checks....simply too many.......online poker rooms just need the personel/staff to process paper checks.
2. Western Union........I can western union money to Pablo in Columbia, pablo will then deposit my money for me and there is nothing the UIGEA can do about that, and Pablo can western union money back to me....UIGEA would not be able to regulate money being wired to a third party....
3. Worst comes to Worst......Buy a server proxy....open a overseas P.O. Box, foward the mail to your residence....open a over seas account....Register with Party Poker using overseas P.O. Box and Bank account.

A few side notes:

*The US government will eventually regualte and tax online gaming.....they would be fools not to.

*UIGEA has had a profound affect on online poker, it will continue to do so, but will never ever be able to completeley put a hault to the industry.......

Few word to Gaboon Viper........
I have read most of your post.....I dont know what your deal is.....it seems as if you wont online poker to go away...which it wont, for the reasons listed above......you do nothing but scare the rest of the poker community.....you scare the fish away.......your not constructive, your an alarmist(chicken little type, "the sky is falling")....most of your post would be fine, if you didnt add we all are going to die haha at the end of each post.........your a disease.....be constructive, be a realist, but stop the scare tactics....it seems you are busy trying to be the one that says "I told you so!"....I believe its a long shot you'll be given that oppurtunity.....Join team and come along for the big win....instead of waisting time posting crap.....put that effort in trying to be constructive and doing something positive for the online community...write your congressmen...anything.....sorry this post is so sloppy....had like 5 min. to post and had to get this off my chest........heads up everyone....keep playing..do your part...write your congressmen...have a lil faith....I encourage everyone to read the weekly UIGEA attack plan...great post. PEACE, IM OUT!

Uglyowl
04-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Also some gambling sites code their transactions as "electronics" or other false merchant codes which allow them to go through.

ginko
04-15-2007, 12:11 PM
I like OP =D

TheEngineer
04-15-2007, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I encourage everyone to read the weekly UIGEA attack plan

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TreyWilly
04-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Izzy, check your PM

djrion
04-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Izzy,

I completely agree with you on all points. However, with that said, trolls need to eat and you are feeding them steak dinner. GaboonDonkey will go away with his writing on the wall when we simply ignore it. When he posts, just dont read it. DONT respond to it. Sure as heck dont create a specific post (like this) egging him and his peebrain on.

ryAn

Jerry D
04-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Barney Frank will make Gaboon vanish into thin air...

dp13368
04-15-2007, 10:17 PM
tuff fish probably hates this thread

TheEngineer
04-15-2007, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
tuff fish probably hates this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Izzy Vega
04-16-2007, 11:24 PM
Ryan-

You are correct. I should not egg on or provoke alarmist threads.

I guess my point really is, the UIGEA prohibits Amercian financial institutions from depositing money to online gaming sites. It doesn't make it illegal for US residents to play poker, nor does it make it illegal for poker sites to host online poker for US residents. With that said there are payment methods available that the UIGEA simply can not regulate.......secondly, worst comes to worst there is ways to deposit money online without using an American Financial Institution (overseas bank account).

The UIGEA has been sucessful. It has diffently curbed online poker. But the UIGEA simply does not have the capacity to 'BAN' online poker all together. Some over seas business man will provide the site for US residnets to play poker and there will be ways to deposit funds. I gave three examples at the top of the thread (paper checks, western union, and overseas bank account). I can even think of a few more, like phone cards (old school party poker style)or visa gift cards.

I also really question if the UIGEA will be fully effective from stoping e wallets, i've even read a lil bit on banks calling for ACH payment excemption (which would cripple the UIGEA).

It will take more effort and already does take more effort to deposit funds post the UIGEA. But still is not too difficult. You may have to wait a few days for funds to be available or wait a few weeks for a withdraw, but hey its no the end of the world. I too will miss the days of real time transactions. I have deposited several times through western union and can play that very day. I go to the grocery store, western union the money, call the poker site, who then verifies funds were sent and credit my account. Works great.

UIGEA is being combated. Frank and D'amato of come to our aid. Banks are speculating this may be to difficult to enforce. There will be work arounds. The government one day will regulate online gaming. The law has been in effect for 6 months and we are all still playing poker. People state we are in a grace period, given the 270 days the government has to make public how they will enforce the UIGEA. We are not in a grace period, UIGEA become law the minute Bush signed it. There is no grace period. In July at the end of the 270 days all that will happen is the enforcement plan will be made public. There will be no armagadon or d-day. Again I believe the UIGEA has been effective.....but will not end online poker! You guys agree??????? Is there something i'm not understanding?????? Stay Up Players!

Sniper
04-17-2007, 12:32 AM
Izzy,

You do realize that there is very little difference between your post and Gaboon's postings...

Izzy Vega
04-22-2007, 02:40 PM
LOL.......!!!!!!! Sniper how do you figure???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dennisa
04-23-2007, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im going to keep this very simple!!!! I belive there are a few payment methods the UIGEA will have no control
over.....

1. Paper checks....it would be impossible for banks to monitor paper checks....simply too many.......online poker rooms just need the personel/staff to process paper checks.

Yes, hud bot grinders and pros can always send a paper check overseas and expect to see their credit in 20 days. The internet fish will not use this method.

2. Western Union........I can western union money to Pablo in Columbia, pablo will then deposit my money for me and there is nothing the UIGEA can do about that, and Pablo can western union money back to me....UIGEA would not be able to regulate money being wired to a third party....

Good method until the FBI/DOJ decides to wire money to Pablo and then indict WU/MG on UIGEA and 1961 wire tap laws. Oh yeah, another company that starts with an N*******R is having a smiliar problem with its two largest stockholders for allowing the FBI to process football bets.

3. Worst comes to Worst......Buy a server proxy....open a overseas P.O. Box, foward the mail to your residence....open a over seas account....Register with Party Poker using overseas P.O. Box and Bank account.

Oh yeah, there is a method for a part time player who has a budget of 200 smackers per month to play.

Its not about what the savvy internet professional can do to jump through hoops, its about what the average donkey WILL do to continue to play.
A few side notes:

*The US government will eventually regualte and tax online gaming.....they would be fools not to.

I agree, this is what should of happened many years ago.

*UIGEA has had a profound affect on online poker, it will continue to do so, but will never ever be able to completeley put a hault to the industry.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Izzy Vega
04-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Denissa-
1. You can fex ex a check overseas. When I did it, it took me less than one week to have my account credited.

2. The government can not indict Western Union or Money Gram for a crime they have no knowledge of committing. I can send my money to Pablo if I want. Western Union can't stop me from that, and they dont have you fill out a questionaire of why you are sending money. And if the government found out that Pablo was a third party for a onling gaming site, you would simply start sending money to Jorge. Bottom line WU cant be indited for a crime they have no knowledge of committing.

3. This method is not attended for the rec player. This was a solution for the worst case scenario. Fish just dont only live in America, they live in other countries too. And if I can fund a Party Poker account (whos numbers have rebounded since the pull out) im golden. There will be plenty of money on the table..

Your weak....NEXT!

Dennisa
04-23-2007, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Denissa-

2. The government can not indict Western Union or Money Gram for a crime they have no knowledge of committing. I can send my money to Pablo if I want. Western Union can't stop me from that, and they dont have you fill out a questionaire of why you are sending money. And if the government found out that Pablo was a third party for a onling gaming site, you would simply start sending money to Jorge. Bottom line WU cant be indited for a crime they have no knowledge of committing.

[b] If the pokersite instructs you to send a wire to Pablo via Western Union or Money Gram, and it ends up in the account on the pokersite that FBI or DOJ has set up, WU/MG will be indicted on Aiding and Abetting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Izzy Vega
04-24-2007, 12:31 AM
Dennisa-
Your not getting it! The government can not indite WU or MG for a breach of the UIGEA when they have no knowledge they are not in compliance with UIGEA.

There is no way for WU or MG to regulate someone sending money to a third party. I can send money to Enrique, Pedro, Jorge or who ever else I wanted to. For them to be able stop any possible transaction to a third party for gaming site, they would have to go out of business.

Furthermore the UIGEA prevents financial institutions from depositing money to a onlinge gaming site. When I western union money to Jorge, Jorge is not a onling gaming site. I am not using a american financial instituition to deposit money online. I am using a financial institution to wire money to Jorge.

Really! What are u not getting?

Sniper
04-24-2007, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can send money to Enrique, Pedro, Jorge or who ever else I wanted to.

[/ QUOTE ]

They will stop transactions to those people if and when they are able to determine that those funds are going to gambling sites. That is why the sites have to continually switch who funds are transfered to.

It is a cat and mouse game.

It is likely they would also bar YOU from making transactions, if you have made transactions to too many people who are flagged.

I would expect SARs to be filed on these transactions too...

Dennisa
04-24-2007, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dennisa-
What are u not getting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Izzy, you are in a dreamworld. These companies would stop allowing fund sent to pokersites on the first letter received from the DOJ. Why would they risk their whole business on a very small segment of revenue.

At this point, lets just agree to disagree.

Izzy Vega
04-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Dennisa-
God you are retarted. You dont western union money to a poker site....is sent to a person like jorge in panama or enrique in mexico. Thats the beauty of western union. How could WU prevent me from sending money to Jorge. It is not going to a gaming site. What dont you get??????????????????????????????The money is not wired to a poker site. Read that carefully. It is sent to a person. Have u ever deposited money in this way. Maybe you should so you get a full understanding of how it works. Everyone else am I not making sense? Can anyone explain it better?????
one more time-
1.funds are not sent to a poker site!
2. They are sent to an individual usually in a latin country or asian country. That individual is just that a person. They could not identify that person from anyone else and if they did no big deal you find a new person to send the money to.
3. There would be no way for WU to stop payments going to a third party without going out of business.............
Can anyone explain this better???????????????????????

AGAIN>>>>>>>>>>MONEY IS NOT SENT TO A POKER ROOM BUT TO A PERSON! HOW COULD THE GOVERNEMENT OR WESTERN UNION STOP THIS! I CAN SEND MONEY TO WHOEVER I WANT THROUGH WESTERN UNION........and as i state before the uigea prevents money being deposited online by american financial institution...which is not the case here...the money is going to a person not an online poker site........you are completley not understanding the work around......deposit moeny on your next deposit using western union so you can understand how it works......now go away your a retard and are frustrating me!!!!!!!

Izzy Vega
04-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Now-Sniper's agruement makes plenty of sense......that is the problem with WU. Good observation Sniper.......

Sniper
04-24-2007, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now-Sniper's agruement makes plenty of sense......that is the problem with WU. Good observation Sniper.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Your welcome!

If I may, I would also suggest working on your Tilt Control... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif