PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: flopped set CRAI on turn

Brian O'Nolan
04-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Villain is 28/8/1.5 over about 100 (w/ stupid baby avatar). Find a fold on the turn? I just felt like it was something like AA/KK with a diamond too much to fold.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $79
BB: $51.15
<u>UTG: $66.55</u>
<u>Hero (MP): $106.35</u>
CO: $24.65
BTN: $31.05

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $1, 4 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.75) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.25</font>, UTG calls $5.25

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($17.25) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $11.25</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $58.30</font>, Hero calls $47.05

jmgambler
04-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Nope.... I put villian on AA/KK with /images/graemlins/diamond.gif too .... what he had TT and had you crushed? or A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif?

Doesnt matter, (Like I posted earlier) it takes alot to push me off a set b4 river.......

barryc83
04-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Ugh this is sickening for 2+ BI. He only raises 8% of hands, so its an overpair with a diamond or the nut flush most likely. Idk honestly. Would he really do this with an overpair, seems like hed push the flop.

NSchandler
04-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Easy call.

DannyOcean_
04-14-2007, 09:39 PM
this is not 2+ buyins. Pls read stack sizes. villian has 66 bucks. I probably check behind here and call a psb or lead out on a safe river.

inverted
04-14-2007, 09:46 PM
I think you should have checked the turn behind him, as played I think you call

Pirelli
04-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Very tough spot, I think a call is in order though because you're getting nearly 2-1. I ran an AA/KK with a diamond plus the hands that crush you in his range and your equity is enough to call given those odds.

Board: 8d Th 5d 6d
Hand 0: 46.901% 8c8s
Hand 1: 53.099% AcAd, AdAh, AdAs, KcKd, KdKh, KdKs, TT, AdKd, KdQd

If you start throwing QQ, JJ and AA/KK without diamonds in it's an easy call.

Brian O'Nolan
04-14-2007, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably check behind here and call a psb or lead out on a safe river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you are losing a TON of value if you check behind here regularly- you don't stack villain when he has an overpair and a 4th diamond kills your hand. Selective memory here- remembering the 15% of times you got c/r'ed here and forgetting the 85% of times you stacked a villain in this kind of spot. Other thoughts on bet sizing here? I want to bet the turn just hard enough so that getting AI on the river is at most a small overbet- sound right?

barryc83
04-14-2007, 09:49 PM
My bad I thought it was 25nl. Yeah I call.

DannyOcean_
04-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Brian, here's why i check behind.

This turn is a bad as it could possibly be for us. flush and straight are there. yuck.

you are not necessarily stacking non-drawing hands on this board. Overpairs and TPTK-type are just as scared as you of these draws, and will not pay off as much as you think they will. However, checking behind and playing for a bet on a safe river extracts this value from these hands, and prevents a flush from getting your whole stack.

Pirelli
04-14-2007, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Brian, here's why i check behind.

This turn is a bad as it could possibly be for us. flush and straight are there. yuck.

you are not necessarily stacking non-drawing hands on this board. Overpairs and TPTK-type are just as scared as you of these draws, and will not pay off as much as you think they will. However, checking behind and playing for a bet on a safe river extracts this value from these hands, and prevents a flush from getting your whole stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer a bet, but I agree that checking this turn is far from bad.