PDA

View Full Version : Set vs. turn shove

catfish_01
04-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.10/$0.25 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

<u>SB: $28.40</u>
<font color="black">BB: $28.45</font>
UTG: $28.15
<font color="black">MP: $22.70</font>
<u>Hero (CO): $32.40</u>
BTN: $25

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 9http://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.15, BB calls $1, MP calls $1

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($5) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif Qhttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.75</font>, SB calls $3.75, BB calls $3.75, MP folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($16.25) Thttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $23.40</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">Hero....</font>

Villian is 71/23/2.69 and I haven't seen him open shove anything yet. If it's a straight, I'm roughly a 4-1 dog, but if it's two pair or an overplayed combo draw, I'm likely the 4-1 favorite. But this donk shove seems so strong it seems highly likely that this is a made hand and not a semi-bluff.

My question is, does anyone find a fold here because it is more likely that the villian has a straight than a random garbage hand or lower set that we crush?

HANABI
04-14-2007, 08:25 PM
insta call, he just made a pair to go with his draw

jmgambler
04-14-2007, 08:25 PM
I cannot fold here, I think your good more times than not.
It takes a helluva alot to push me off a set b4 the river

I call

theflyingcow
04-14-2007, 08:30 PM
I think it's a call here. If he had a straight, I think more likely than not he's going into extraction mode. QT, 9T look a lot more likely to me than KJ, J8, though I suppose he could possibly have a hand like Ac6c, QsJs (in other words pair + f.d. + OESD or gutshot). Since there are so many more combinations of these such hands, I'm having a hard time laying down this one.

yeotaJMU
04-14-2007, 08:33 PM
never ever ever ever ever ever ever fold a set to this guy unless you hate money

thac
04-14-2007, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a call here. If he had a straight, I think more likely than not he's going into extraction mode. QT, 9T look a lot more likely to me than KJ, J8, though I suppose he could possibly have a hand like Ac6c, QsJs (in other words pair + f.d. + OESD or gutshot). Since there are so many more combinations of these such hands, I'm having a hard time laying down this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot 87

I still call.

catfish_01
04-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Ok good; my gut told me I was beat on that turn but since the villian is so LAGGY postflop, the range he could have is actually an underdog to my hand.

If this were a passive postflop player shoving, would anyone consider a laydown? Or, because of this board texture enabling several types of combo draws and two pair type hands, should I not fold this hand for anyone?

TheRenaissance
04-14-2007, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian is 71/23/2.69... does anyone find a fold here?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d192/cheeserland/food/loller.jpg

Dima2000123
04-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Smells like a draw or a weak made hand to me. If you really had a monster, would you shove like that when there are so many people still in the pot? I call here after a couple of moments of thought.

thac
04-14-2007, 08:45 PM
I honestly don't think I'd consider folding a set (except to the most passive opponents) unless the board was like 89TJ or with 4 of a suit.. people love to shove with a bunch of hands and they love to bluff/semi-bluff way too much.

theflyingcow
04-14-2007, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok good; my gut told me I was beat on that turn but since the villian is so LAGGY postflop, the range he could have is actually an underdog to my hand.

If this were a passive postflop player shoving, would anyone consider a laydown? Or, because of this board texture enabling several types of combo draws and two pair type hands, should I not fold this hand for anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think even to a passive player, because as you said, this board texture gives rise to so many logical 2-pairs / pair + flush draws that I find it very hard to fold.

TheRenaissance
04-14-2007, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...unless the board was like 89TJ AND with 4 of a suit

[/ QUOTE ]

jmgambler
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont care who it is, I am still calling ......

Dima2000123
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I call here against any type of opponent. Two pair and combo draws are all very likely for any kind of a player here.

thac
04-14-2007, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...unless the board was like 89TJ AND with 4 of a suit

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep yep