PDA

View Full Version : TPTK ugly turn - Bet?

OneBigRed
04-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Standard or spew? I think that betting is the only way to keep him from taking this pot away with air. Is the bet too small?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25
CO: $38.90
Button: $22.95
SB: $4.65
Hero: $25

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, UTG calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($3.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.5</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($8.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>

CesareBorgia
04-14-2007, 03:17 PM
I would bet a slightly larger amount on the flop, say $2.9. $2.5 is only slightly more than half the pot. If he's on a draw, UTG (correctly) feels that he's getting the right odds to call.

On the turn your bet should, in my opinion, also be larger: I'd say about $6.5. If UTG raises you, you should probably muck your hand, even if he raises only by the minimum amount.

jmgambler
04-14-2007, 03:25 PM
mmmmmm IMHO, you overbet PF (pot is 0.85 so you have raised 6xBB) this has resulted in a bigger than normal pot on the flop with 2 players, so instead of a $2 pot, where you should now bet "pot" its $3.50 maybe resulting in you betting "only" $2.50

and on and on it goes........ as played I would bet $6 on the turn

OneBigRed
04-14-2007, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
mmmmmm IMHO, you overbet PF (pot is 0.85 so you have raised 6xBB) this has resulted in a bigger than normal pot on the flop with 2 players,

[/ QUOTE ]

You did see there were limpers?

MrMysterious
04-14-2007, 03:32 PM
honestly pf is good, you could even bet a bit more, say 1.6-1.75 to charge for position but that may be excessive. 1.5 is prolly standard

flop is super drawy, oop with 2 opponents, i pot it. if you get raised you gotta ask yourself if they are open limping 77 or 99, if they aren't i push over any raise, if they might limp those hands even 1/3 to 1/2 the time i fold to a raise, on this drawy board you don't have a ton of equity imo

either way check fold the turn unless its a really weak bet, maybe call 1/2 pot. your really not in a spot where you wanna put a ton of money on the table.

just my thoughts

Better Than U
04-14-2007, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that betting is the only way to keep him from taking this pot away with air.

[/ QUOTE ] You think he's calling with air? Most hands on the turn have good equity going to the river + the flush draw got there + JT got there which makes the most nut straights you know(haha fish).

Isura
04-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Why are you worried about being bluffed off this pot? The 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (along with the K/images/graemlins/heart.gif) is probably the worst card in the deck. It hits so many of his hands (not just flush/straights, but 98/87). It is not like he is going to call the flop with a worst Q or a 9, and then decide to bluff it with the scare card coming (maybe if he has like 44, but that chance is pretty remote). So I would just check, and probably fold. I might call a small bet though, and then re-evaluate the river.

OneBigRed
04-14-2007, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you worried about being bluffed off this pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well mostly because i do myself sometimes call with air on similiar situations and take advantage on the scary turn.

Results in white:
<font color="#ffffff">In this case the UTG did fold to my turn bet</font>

crushednuts
04-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Any decent player who hit their ace high flush draw would smooth call your turn bet denying you any info and forcing you into a similar decision on the river with a bigger pot. The 1/2 pot on the turn is a dangerous bet. He could mini-raise etc. that puts you in a tough spot.