PDA

View Full Version : But i have QQ, I CALL NL25

HANABI
04-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Villain is 27/10, I was planning to fold the river if he bet again, how is my turn call?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.10/$0.25 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

fuscata: $24.50
<font color="black">Mister Neteller: $35.60</font>
happycoffee: $30.25
<u>subaltern: $29.25</u>
<u>HANABI: $56.85</u>
miaopan87: $9

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> HANABI is dealt Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
happycoffee folds, <font color="red">subaltern raises to $0.85</font>, HANABI calls $0.85, 2 folds, Mister Neteller calls $0.60

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.65) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
Mister Neteller checks, <font color="red">subaltern bets $2.65</font>, HANABI calls $2.65, Mister Neteller folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($7.95) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">subaltern bets $7.95</font>, HANABI calls $7.95

<font color="black">River:</font> ($23.85) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
subaltern checks, HANABI checks

Pot Size: $23.85 ($1.15 Rake)

subaltern had A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (three of a kind, Aces)
HANABI had Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (two pair, Aces and Queens)

thac
04-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Preflop numbers don't help us in this hand. Readless you need to fold the turn. There's just nothing that he value bets twice that you're beating.

Hundrye
04-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Your equity on the flop against his raising range (top 10% of hands) is only 55%. Considering the fact that very probably, villain is much more likely to double barrel with a hand that had you beat than with a bluff, I think this is an easy fold on the turn.

MrMysterious
04-14-2007, 03:13 PM
pf is the worlds third easiest 3bet.

jmgambler
04-14-2007, 03:15 PM
I fold the turn.........Most players at these stakes, wont fire the turn here like this, without an A

Better Than U
04-14-2007, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pf is the worlds third easiest 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]Can't believe it took 3 replies to get that. 3 bet pf, go from there.

Hundrye
04-14-2007, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't believe it took 3 replies to get that. 3 bet pf, go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably because that wasn't the question he asked, good advice however obv.

HANABI
04-14-2007, 03:22 PM
90% of the time i would reraise preflop, this wasnt one of those times.

its funny i would have folded the turn if he bet smaller, maybe 2/3 to 3/4 pot, but since he potted it seemed fishy to me for some reason and i called. I guess its because the board is so damn dry that there seems to be no reason to pot it other than to build the pot for a river shove, which he didnt do.

I made the mistake of keeping the outcome of the hand as that may make some posters a bit biased.

Isura
04-14-2007, 03:28 PM
I think the preflop is okay to do against some players. The point is that you want to disguise that you have QQ, and can get people to stack off with a worst top pair hand on the flop (where they will never put you on a big overpair). Nevertheless, I prefer to make that play more often with AA or KK (in that order). But you have to have a kind of loose/crazy image so when you raise a safe flop (obviously the AA2 is terrible to raise with:), people won't give you credit.

So as played, flop call is good. But I would also fold turn unless he was very aggressive. But once you call the turn, that will cause him to bluff less often on the river (because your turn call shows strength), so I definitely would fold the river.