PDA

View Full Version : NL50 - Two Hands with Suited Connectors in Position

Manchild84
04-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Taking a shot at $50, and realizing that I need to work on my post-flop w/ SCs.

First hand, no read on villain (his first orbit or so):

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($50)
SB ($101.35)
BB ($54)
UTG ($37.30)
MP ($45.05)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4.5</font>, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($9.75) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5.5</font>, UTG calls $5.50.

Turn: ($20.75) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: ($20.75) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $25.75

Second Hand... Villain is mega loose (75/18 over 75 hands), hasn't shown down much, and got caught in a bluff once:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($51.80)
SB ($101.35)
BB ($54.60)
UTG ($44.05)
MP ($45.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $2.

Flop: ($6.25) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $7.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $49.3</font>, MP calls $35.20 (All-In).

Final Pot: $98.25

deleteduser
04-14-2007, 01:40 PM
I dont really see anything wrong with the first hand. You got what you wanted didnt you? Yes your continuation bet was not successful however you did get to see all 5 cards you obviously cannot call the river.

Second hand also looks fine to me. I do have some questions however. Are you all in on the flop because you want him to call or fold? If because you wanted him to call did you push because you thought it was the best way for him to get all his chips in the middle or because you wanted him to make a tough decision and well you dont have a made hand so a fold would be a nice alternative.

And what are the correct responses? How do you want to think about this hand?

Manchild84
04-14-2007, 01:47 PM
I imagine I would have been OK with a call or a fold. If he's calling with something like TPTK, I'm getting my money in while I'm a slight favorite, and if he folds, then I take down a decent pot while cutting my variance.

Better Than U
04-14-2007, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont really see anything wrong with the first hand. You got what you wanted didnt you? Yes your continuation bet was not successful however you did get to see all 5 cards you obviously cannot call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]Did you read the hand? Seriously?

OP, I think hand 1 is pretty bad. Raising the limper isn't awful. The flop bet is total spewage though, he's never folding and when you semi bluff you have to have fold equity and after a limp/reraise he isn't letting it go that easy. I know "build a pot incase you hit" but that's a moot point in this spot, the likelyhood of being c/r'ed is great and having no FE sucks balls.

Hand 2 is el standardo.

jmgambler
04-14-2007, 01:55 PM
albeit, a good one, but I am not comfortable pushing my entire stack like this here on a draw.... (I would do this with OC's AND a flush/str8 draw) but even then I probably wouldn't do it here

call the flop bet?, you have position

Manchild84
04-14-2007, 01:59 PM
So check flop, call turn if given direct odds since I might not get much out of him if my flush hits?

Better Than U
04-14-2007, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So check flop, call turn if given direct odds since I might not get much out of him if my flush hits?

[/ QUOTE ]That's how I'd play it. Given the turn card that came in this situation I'd call a decent size bet because he's likely to pay off esp. if he hits a straight on the river. Just remember it's called a "semi bluff" because you're hoping to improve to the best hand while having fold equity, you have no fold equity here so don't do it.

deleteduser
04-14-2007, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Did you read the hand? Seriously?

OP, I think hand 1 is pretty bad. Raising the limper isn't awful. The flop bet is total spewage though, he's never folding and when you semi bluff you have to have fold equity and after a limp/reraise he isn't letting it go that easy. I know "build a pot incase you hit" but that's a moot point in this spot, the likelyhood of being c/r'ed is great and having no FE sucks balls.

Hand 2 is el standardo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you half psychic, because I did miss the preflop action.

Better Than U
04-14-2007, 02:07 PM
I figured, most people misread people limp/raising.