PDA

View Full Version : AQs as the 3 better

cjs
04-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Stars 50 6 max
villian is a 2 + 2 er

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($19.50)
SB ($58)
BB ($55.10)
UTG ($29.65)
cjs ($119.50)

Preflop: cjs is MP with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">cjs raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $4.

Flop: ($12.75) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">cjs raises to $10</font>, UTG calls $8.50.

Turn: ($32.75) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, cjs checks.

River: ($32.75) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $13.65 (All-In)</font>, cjs ??

I looked at the flop bet as a weak probing bet - probably missed overs trying to see if I missed also. My default play is to raise these type of bets - so I make it 10 to go. I was suprised by the call - most villians will let it go to the raise so the turn check seems standard.

The river is a bad card with the flush getting there and AK getting there. He pushes and with the pot offering 3 to 1 is this a call?

crushednuts
04-14-2007, 12:44 PM
I don't like 3 betting UTG raises w/ AQ. I call and hope for more callers as AQs plays pretty well multiway. I think he called your flop bet looking to C/R AI on the turn. I think he has a ten or an over pair here like always. The only hand you can beat is a bluff..

.KeviN.
04-14-2007, 12:48 PM
1st of I dont like 3betting AQ when I'm in position against the raiser. To be honest I'm not a huge fan of reraising with AKo in position either. Maybe it's a leak, but I would rather play the hand in position and have more control over the pot size if it's a tricky board.

Anyway if I was raising this flop i'd make the raise smaller, maybe around $6-8. I might also float sometimes to. The way this was played, I think you're good enough times on this river to call. I mean with no reads its basically just playing the pot odds, and your getting a little 4 to 1 so I dont think calling is a terrible play.

cjs
04-14-2007, 01:04 PM
To me the flop minibet is the most interesting part of the hand. From a poor player the mini is usually nothing but from a good player is it an attempt to induce a raise? I don't think he knows me as 2+2.

HANABI
04-14-2007, 01:27 PM
total spew on the flop with that reraise imo, if villain is a 2+2er there must be some logic behind the 1.5 donkbet. It looks like a bluff inducer and you fell for the trap, after he calls i'm done with the hand.

If i were to guess you called the river and he showed you 88 or TT

Chomp
04-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Why is a 2+2er sitting short at the start of the hand?

Why is a 2+2er mindonking flop with JJ-AA,Tx knowing that most donks who have whiffed flop won't re-raise, they'll just call, and thus failing to build a pot?

Very odd. I call river, kinda expecting to lose, but not being sure at all. Preflop I play the same and am surprised people are criticising a 3b IP w/AQs.