PDA

View Full Version : How do you play this turn - nl50-vs a tag

sightless
04-14-2007, 12:29 PM
The guy is 17/9/3.67 over 100 hands or so

no real reads

I've been raising a lot PF lately, coupel fo times with good hands, couple of bluffs, never showed anythign down though
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($44.30)
MP ($48.50)
CO ($33.25)
Button ($49.25)
Hero ($71.85)
BB ($31.35)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $4.

Flop: ($12.50) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, MP calls $8.

Turn: ($28.50) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Check_The_Nuts
04-14-2007, 12:31 PM
check/call check/fold is what I would do. If he checks behind on turn I probably bet river.

No idea if this is a good idea or not.

Chomp
04-14-2007, 12:35 PM
I fire again.

Will villain re-raise (such that we have to fold) with 99-JJ/AK/random junk? Almost certainly not IMO given strength hero has shown. But he'll call with several drawing or worse made hands.

If called, I'm not sure about b/c, c/c river (and of course it depends on the card), but on a blank I'd probably go with a simple vb.

sightless
04-14-2007, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I fire again.

Will villain re-raise (such that we have to fold) with 99-JJ/AK/random junk? Almost certainly not IMO given strength hero has shown. But he'll call with several drawing or worse made hands.

If called, I'm not sure about b/c, c/c river (and of course it depends on the card), but on a blank I'd probably go with a simple vb.

[/ QUOTE ]

But If i bet turn and river I get my whole stack in there, and all the villain has to do to get my stack is keep calling

crushednuts
04-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Anyone else like a CR/AI to stack JJ??

Chomp
04-14-2007, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fire again.

[/ QUOTE ]

But If i bet turn and river I get my whole stack in there, and all the villain has to do to get my stack is keep calling

[/ QUOTE ]

But he gets our stack with what better hand?

Is he smooth calling flop with AA/KK? Maybe, but I don't really think so.

Similarly, I don't think sets make up a big enough part of his range to worry about until we see some evidence that that is what he has. That evidence would be most striking if we get Baluga-ed on turn, in which case I fold.

So basically on the turn I just think 99-JJ/random pp/draw/AK are a bigger part of his range than AA/KK/set.

Dunno sightless, I stack off with QQ far too often, so perhaps I am off beam here.

Stoneflip
04-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Fire again. You are only worried about AA/KK/set and with those stats it doesn't seem to fit.

Better Than U
04-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Why wouldn't AA or a set make sense? A set makes sense cuz he is first in the pot and open raising. I think there's a good chance he has 99-JJ as well and seeing how you react to a call on the flop. He likely folds everything you beat if you bet the turn if he's decent so I check/call and lead river or check/fold river depending what I think of him.

deleteduser
04-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Fire again and check behind the river. What can we put villain on here? I think the only thing that fits is 10's JJ at best because of the pf raise. I dont see him calling the flop with face's. A set is the second hand you can put him on here, but does he raise with low PP's? This is even still unlikely which is why im fireing again.

Stoneflip
04-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Seeing how he has Taggish stats, I would think AA or set would protect from draws and take down the pot on the flop.
I could be wrong though, has happened before.

Better Than U
04-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Protect from what draws? The board is 652 rainbow. He likely puts OP on exactly the kind of hand he has, an overpair with a slight chance of AK/AQs. Would you raise this flop in a reraised pot with a set? I wouldn't.

Stoneflip
04-14-2007, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Protect from what draws? The board is 652 rainbow. He likely puts OP on exactly the kind of hand he has, an overpair with a slight chance of AK/AQs. Would you raise this flop in a reraised pot with a set? I wouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I was looking at the draws on the turn and not the flop. Yes, a set would float this flop.