PDA

View Full Version : Preflop reraising from blinds (ranges and reads)

.KeviN.
04-14-2007, 11:12 AM
This is something I don't see talked about enough and I couldn't really find anything using the search so if I looked over a thread lemme know.

Anyway this thread is to talk about your ranges for reraising preflop out of the blinds and why you do it. For the most part, my plays are generally the same out of the sb and bb (wrong?) so I'm talking about both positions.
For all examples it's a 3-4xBB raise and folded to you in the blinds. List and discuss your default reraising ranges for each player when he raises from...

1. UTG and UTG+1
2. CO and BTN

Player A: no reads

Player B: 18/12/2/150 hands
Attempted to steal is 14-24

Player C: 21/19/3.5/150 hands
Attempted to steal is 25-35

Player D 35/25/4.5/150 hands
Attemped to steal is 35-60

I know it's not so cut n dry and other factors like table dynamics and villians post flop play are important, but I just wanted to get a simple theory post going and hopefully alot of discussion.

p.s. if you wanna talk about minraises go ahead I hate em.

el_dusto
04-14-2007, 12:10 PM
1. AA, KK, QQ, AK, AQ

2. AA-99, AT

A: some
B: rarely
C: often
D: alla de time

adjust for sb vs. bb, table dynamics, villain's approximate post-flop skill.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

thac
04-14-2007, 12:13 PM
I hardly ever reraise an UTG and UTG+1 raiser out of the blinds unless he's player D in your example, anyone else I'll 3-bet AA-QQ.

From CO-BTN, I don't 3-bet lightly if I have no reads, so maybe AA-99, AQ+. Player B, I'll mix in AJ and 88. Player C and player D - pretty much anything I'm willing to call with, I'll 3-bet.

.KeviN.
04-14-2007, 12:40 PM
The thing is with players like D is that they usually always call reraises and then I leave myself OOP against a LAG. I find that most of the time my reraises take down pots before the flop is when theyre against all the other types of players..

thac
04-14-2007, 12:42 PM
But also the thing is, they're gonna miss the flop way too often, and sooner or later, he'll get frustrated that you keep 3-betting and firing the flop and he'll play back at you (hopefully when you have tptk or better)